Cabbage recipes?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I had red cabbage once, and I sure wish I knew how it was prepared. I think it was sauteed in soy sauce, but not sure on other ingredients. I tried to duplicate it once, but didn't get the same results as what i was served. anyone know what I'm talking about that might share the recipe?

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Cabbage Salad
1 head cabbage or pak choy
1 bunch green onion, sliced
1 pkg. Ramen noodles
cup sunflower seeds
2 T olive oil
cup almonds
cup sugar
cup red wine vinegar
3 T soy sauce
cup olive oil
pinch of salt

Chop cabbage, slice onion. Fry noodles, almonds and sunflower seeds in butter. Mix remaining ingredients for dressing. Add to salad and mix well.

me&thegals

Reaction score
Rainbow Saladone of our familys favorite ways to use cabbage is shredded raw for salad. The bright purple/green cabbage is a stunning backdrop for multicolored carrots, red or orange peppers or anything else colorful you can use raw from the gardenshredded summer and winter squashes, shredded beets, etc. Top with your favorite dressing for an incredibly vitamin- and antioxidant-rich, crunchy, beautiful salad!

Chopped cabbage, green and purple
Crinkle-cut raw carrots
Thinly sliced leeks or red onion
Finely shredded raw beet
Finely shredded raw winter squash
Chopped dill
Thinly sliced radishes

Assemble all in a colorful salad bowl, layering for maximum color and beauty. Sprinkle chopped fresh dill on top. Enjoy with your favorite salad dressingwe love sweet Vidalia from Sams Club.

me&thegals

Reaction score
Fiesta 7-Layer Salad
1 head of lettuce
1 cup shredded red cabbage
3 carrots, grated
1 tomato diced (or salsa)
1 avocado, diced (or guacamole)
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 cup pinto beans, rinsed and drained (or black)
12 ounces tortilla chips, crushed
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
16-oz bottle Ranch-style salad dressing

Layer on bottom salad, cabbage, carrots, tomato, avocado, onions, beans, then tortilla chips. Top with cheese. Drizzle with dressing.

me&thegals

Reaction score
Cabbage Stir-Fry

cabbage
onion
garlic
ginger
carrots
olive oil

Stir fry garlic, minced ginger and onions in oil until slightly tender. Add carrot rings or matchsticks with cabbage. Stir-fry until crisp-tender. This is so good!!

me&thegals

Reaction score
...and thank YOU for yours! I've been thrilled all day over all these recipes you've been adding to the forum--I'm a complete recipe junkie. Plus, doing vegetable shares each week for up to 10 families, I am always on the lookout for vegetable recipes to add to my newsletter :)

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh these recipes sound so good! I'm glad there are other cabbage lovers out there besides me! Only one of my kids will eat it w/ me. Nobody else in the family will. LOVE cabbage!

Latest posts