Cackling Ranch - A journal of things and stuff.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Holy Cow - you ate jalapenos in the garden? I'd devour the tomatoes - but the peppers go straight to DH!

Ferguson K

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks now! So helpful!

That's kind of what I'm waiting on. Crow or egg. I put legbands on them to see if I'm right.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Haha! We got a freebie Cochin with an order. Sweet bird! Was going to be a pet. Then it started crowing.....

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You might get a clue in how they hold themselves- It has seemed to me that cockerels tend to hold themselves taller than hens do... they "walk big" But of course there's always exceptions

Ferguson K

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just caught up on your journal. I am so sorry about Maya. I have 2 old seniors, Joe is 28 and Sparkles is 30. I dread the day......

Big hugs to you my friend. Our animals are a part of the air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat. They are our heartbeat, our love, our life. How sad for those that don't "get it" for they will never know the joy and heartbreak of love in it's purest form.

I miss her every day.

How's your new boy?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh my goodness! I'm surprised, but certainly understand your decision. You're right that you can always get back into goats when the time is right. Follow your passion!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
wow I'm also surprised! But, doing it yourself and working the insane hours you do, I can't blame you. Those are two lovely horses and I hope you're able to have less stress and more fun with the small amount of spare time you have!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
This made me smile :) It's great that you are following your passion, as you should. I can see you are feeling good about your decision and that is wonderful. Please keep us posted on these two beauties and how things are going.

When I grew up I was mad for horses and wanting to ride too. I did for awhile, but had to stop. I haven't been on a horse in… 13 years now. I miss it! There are so very many horses here in Ireland, they are everywhere. I should get into riding again.