Calliopia _ Newbie Adventures in Self Sufficiency

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Calliopia said:
Not much to tell today. Trimmed goat feet and shook my fist menacingly at the chickens.
I shook my fist at the ducks, does that count? Them little bad words wouldnt go in!
In my case it was definitely more of a Mrs. Tweedy moment.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
BarredBuff said:
Calliopia said:
Not much to tell today. Trimmed goat feet and shook my fist menacingly at the chickens.
I shook my fist at the ducks, does that count? Them little bad words wouldnt go in!
In my case it was definitely more of a Mrs. Tweedy moment.
:lol:

Calliopia

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Today I'm baking a bunch of bread to take to a pot luck tonight. Probably spreading some hay down for the chickens, yelling at them more and dealing with the "why the hell won't this )S&$*^% extension cord work" issue so they have light again.

Made progress on the quilt last night. My idea is to make it look like a cross between stained glass and a regular window pane. It will have lots of color in the circles and then I'm doing them in blocks of 12x12 so there are 144 circles to each block. The blocks are going to be in a grid with doubled heavy black bias tape in between them so it forms a stabilizing frame to hold the blocks. I love the look of yoyo quilts but they have too much give for my preference. I might back end up putting the whole thing on a while or champagne sheet so it looks like light coming through the glass. But that is a long way away and come next year I may reach the point of Eff it, it's a pillow.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
My Grandma Nettie was forever working on yo-yo's for a quilt. I guess she finally gave up. because it was never finished. Even the yo-yo's disappeared after a while. Maybe she trashed them? :hu

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've never heard of a yo yo quilt b4, so I keep picturing a quilt w/toy yo yos sewn all over it. :hu

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I knew someone who made them....after she passed away her family cherished them. She made them habitually though. She found it soothing.

Welcome, by the way....I'm way late to the party. So nice to hear you are informed about butchering, that is something I need to learn more about.

I managed to make one quilt and then put the hobby aside.....too much fine needlework for me! I proved to myself I could make one and then felt accomplished. I admire them however, we would love to see photos of yours when you are done....even if it becomes a pillow!

Calliopia

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I will try to take a picture of the progress so far.

SO.... Guess I'll be listing stuff for sale on Craigslist today. Can't go anywhere. :( :( :(

Just ran out to the bank and back and my car started spewing coolant everywhere! )RY*FO(NJ#@(&#$^(^

Because of the tax form redo we can't file until 2/10. GRRRR freakin GRRRR

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Depending on why it's spewing coolant, you may be able to just loosen the cap a bit. I'm having that kind of trouble w/my truck, and we can't find out where it's leaking. But, if I don't have the cap screwed down all the way, it doesn't leak since it's not building up pressure.

Calliopia

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
We're going to fill it up tomorrow and see if we can figure out where it is leaking. Crossing my fingers that it is just a hose but terrified that it is something more.

Calliopia

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
It looks like the leak is just coming from a compression fitting. Unfortunately it's not one I can reach :( So off to the shop it goes.