CAn anyone suggest a 'natural' hair dye for brunettes?

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This post cracks me up, to dye or not to dye, this could get as heated as politics..LOL. Just kidding, it just makes me chuckle because this conversation is me and my husband reversed..I would like him to dye his premature grey hair. He is 80% grey and way too young for it. I have not and probably will never dye my hair it has no grey, most people would dye their hair my natural color :) He has a lot of native american blood and feels totally robbed that his hair is not even close to black/brown anymore :lol: My mom has let her hair go natural and it is the prettiest silver fox color. My sister pays 125.00 for color and cut every 6 weeks. I can not imagine.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Beekissed said:

I tell you, gals, this turning into one's 40's is liberating! :D Anyone else out there moving away from the chemical "attractions"?
Yep - I have quit coloring my hair or doing anything other than washing and cutting it.

I realised I don't want to get to 60 and suddenly see I have grey hair, or be walking around when I'm 80 with BLONDE or BROWN hair - (with grey roots) :D

I'm now hoping I turn grey like my father - his hair is SNOW white, its awesome!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I love the snow white or silver fox look of some folks hair. Used to date a couple of guys who had this lovely color and just couldn't stop running my hands through their hair! :)

For some reason, thick hair seems to grey first....or maybe its my imagination! :rolleyes:

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I did actaully try thr NautarlTints wihtout the chemicals. It was easy to use and smelled ok. It did change the texture of my hair for a few days..it seemed to stick together in the shower, even with conditioner , but I could brush through it. Its been a few weeks and I think the color has lasted longer than commercial brands. I see a few greys, of course.

Best part....as I was considering the Natural kind, I found a free box on freecycle not far from my house AND the right color! :)

Flusher

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I will turn 40 this February. I am not happy about it, but the alternative is even less thrilling if you catch my drift. I stopped wearing make up long ago. I wore it the whole time I dated my husband and for half of our married life. Then one day I just told him I didn't want to anymore and that if he didn't want me anymore, then I'd understand. He laughed at me and said, "Good. I hate all that goop." I stopped the constant curling, spraying, and preening of my hair around that same time. Now it's just a simple page boy haircut and I rarely blow dry it. I have been dying it, but I have decided that if God wanted me to be a redhead, he would have made me that way. As it is now, I have mostly red hair with a dark brown and silver skunk stripe down the middle. My husband could care less.

Beekissed-I come from a long line of eating disorders and I have one myself. I was determined that my five year old daughter would escape that fate. The other day, she was standing in front of me, wearing her "jammies", a purple cowboy hat, and green socks. Her hair (which is down to her butt) was all dirty and stringy and she had ink all over her hands, arms, and cheeks. She looked at me with a big smile on her face and said "I like myself!" just as proud as you please. I cried. She has a confidence I never had and I am so glad! I want her to know that she is good enough even with freckles, pimples, warts, blemishes, birthmarks and whatever else marks her otherwise perfect skin as time goes by. I am passionate about it.

Sorry to rant. I am short, fat, ugly, and I am getting older and I just don't give a damn anymore.

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh Flusher! :hugs I know how difficult it is to struggle with an eating disorder. I am so glad to hear that you are raising your daughter to be proud of herself just the way she is!