Can I do a wart remover challenge? :)

attack-cat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Years ago my mom told me about the potato method and she said it worked on her warts.

If you have chickens ..... lean down and they will get it off. They are the best things in the world at finding warts and scabs. I can't keep a bandaid on around them. They will harass you until they get it off then chase it around the floor like its some vile creature. The pull on your coat zipper .... give it a week and it will be gone. For only being about 7 pounds each chickens are really destructive! But feathery and wonderful!

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had multiple warts on my foot for years and had a large one "removed" 2 or 3 times. I read somewhere that taking Vitamin A would kill the virus and they would go away. Well, it worked. I took 10,000 IU's of vitamin A for about a couple months. Sorry I don't remember exactly how long. My foot doctor was surprised it worked and was going to try it on another patient. Later I found out if you take Vitamin A you should also take Vitamin E at the opposite time of day. I haven't had a wart since.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've cured a number of wart cases with homeopathic Thuja. It took 6 weeks each time for results but it worked.

I keep a homeopathic kit around at all times and have learned how to use it.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Woodland Woman said:
I had multiple warts on my foot for years and had a large one "removed" 2 or 3 times. I read somewhere that taking Vitamin A would kill the virus and they would go away. Well, it worked. I took 10,000 IU's of vitamin A for about a couple months. Sorry I don't remember exactly how long. My foot doctor was surprised it worked and was going to try it on another patient. Later I found out if you take Vitamin A you should also take Vitamin E at the opposite time of day. I haven't had a wart since.
What my grandmother explained to me, and I haven't researched to see if it's true, is that warts are a vitamin A deficiency. Assuming my grandmother was right, that would be why this worked for you.

Asparagus is high in vitamin A! ;)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was told duct tape. I think it's the same theory as the oils and gooey stuff people recomended. Maybe suffocation. Who knows.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Hubby had a wart that would not die.

Cut off. Frozen off twice. Still going strong.

Then he tried cinnamon oil (like they use for the toothpicks). A dab (carefully) with a Q-tip morning and night and gone FOREVER!

Acre of Blessings

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I know that no one has posted here in a couple weeks, but I must add....... my oldest daughter had several warts that we could not get rid of, no matter what we tried. We have tried just about everything mentioned in these post. We even went to the Dr. and he tried the freezing, didn't work, he also cut it off, and a few weeks later about five or more popped up in its place. She was very discouraged by this time. The only thing we found, natural, that finally took the warts off is milk-weed plants.

My daughter would go out several times a day and break off a piece of milk-weed and squeeze and apply the white milky substance to the warts. Not really sure how long it took, but those pesky little warts left and has yet to return.

sweetcorn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I was told duct tape. I think it's the same theory as the oils and gooey stuff people recomended. Maybe suffocation. Who knows.
My 18 year old son gets warts , duct tape works for him. might look kinda funny on your face tho , might cover it with a bandaid

ssshelbyyy

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
You can use oil of oregano right on a wart also.

I had a wart under my ring finger, right at the end of my fingernail by the tip of my finger. I've been using a scrubby on my face with a facial wash with salycilic (sp?) acid, and the wart is GONE. I later read that salycilic acid gets rid of warts! So does retin-a. I know this is a natural forum though so I don't know how "pc" that is to tell!

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
I saw a segment on TV that suggested using fingernail polish as an air barrier to suffocate the wart. I tried it on one on my wrist - it seemed to be working but that is a place that bends so much I couldn't keep the stuff on well enough. At least with the polish you could get a shade that blended with skin tones a bit... I just used the oldest (many many years) from my teenage daughter, lime green! The chickens sure were intrigued!!!