Can I do a wart remover challenge? :)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Duct tape. Worked for hubby when nothing else would.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
For what it's worth an old remedy was to go to an oak stump and use the water/ dew/ rain that collected on the stump and apply it to the wart. I think it was the tannins.

Warts are caused by viruses and most probably just run their course with remedies being linked to the cure and disappearance.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
My mom said that her sis had numerous warts on her hand when she was little. An old man told her to put a paper bag over her hand and whoever took it off would get her warts and hers would disappear! Mom said it worked! :p I've heard tales like this before and never believed them, but Mom wouldn't tell me a lie~especially about something that silly. Wonder what really happened there! ;)

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am still collecting these, btw. My intention is when I stop working, to begin with the remedies that require me to walk around with stuff stuck to my head. Then, if none of those work to buy that $30 tube of stuff.

I thought of using clear fingernail polish and trying it now, but I think it would make my hair stick up funny. What do you think? LOL

Cassandra

MyGardenHelper

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I had one on my finger when I was about 16. Vitamin E 2x day and in a few weeks, I looked down and it was gone. The vitamin E was great because it's clear and doesn't turn white like the store bought wart remover. My friend's aunt is the one that told me about the vitamin E.

Gay Renee

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
OK, here goes. When I was a kid, I had a wart on my knee, and my mom was not one to run to the doctor or buy stuff at the store. Somewhere or someone told her that if you take a Y shaped twig off of a maple tree, rub it on the wart, and then put it back into the tree. Now, don't just put it where it can fall right back out, make it a little "stuck" and when it blows out your wart will go away. I don't know if it was just going to happen anyway, or what, but I do know the wart went away and I never had another one. You might want to try this instead of cutting it right now . . .OUCH!! I know cutting them off does do it, but gee whiz, what a way to do it!Keep us posted on the wart saga!!:p

breezygirl

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I use frankincense oil(essential oil) to remove warts. One drop every day and it goes to the happy wart hunting ground in the sky:)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
What my grandmother explained to me, and I haven't researched to see if it's true, is that warts are a vitamin A deficiency. Assuming my grandmother was right, that would be why this worked for you.

Asparagus is high in vitamin A! ;)
This is legit! I had a couple plantar warts that nothing worked on. I was desperate and saw vitamin A time delay video on youtube. Too crazy to not try it!

I added a lot of vitamin A to my diet and applied vitamin A to the warts twice daily. Worked completely, they havent come back.

Apparently, vitamin A limits replication of the virus that causes the wart.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My mom said that her sis had numerous warts on her hand when she was little. An old man told her to put a paper bag over her hand and whoever took it off would get her warts and hers would disappear! Mom said it worked! :p I've heard tales like this before and never believed them, but Mom wouldn't tell me a lie~especially about something that silly. Wonder what really happened there! ;)
Children are very susceptible to placebo effect for removing warts!! Jealous! Too bad that doesnt work for adults!

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My husband had a wart growing on his back. It was about the size of my thumb. Doctor wasn't worried about it but I didn't like it. I tried a remedy I found online. I sterilized a needle and poke the wart a couple of times. I then took an ACV-soaked cottonball and taped it into place. I replaced it every night for 4 days. (My husband couldn't take the smell anymore) The wart was gone and the doctor was amazed.

Latest posts