Can I do a wart remover challenge? :)

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ok... I have a wart on my temple, right in my hairline that I have had for at least four years. I know it was there four years ago, I don't know how long it was there before that.

I take this as absolute proof that I am a witch. No need to try and see if I float. I have used two tubes of OTC wart remove gel. I used a whole can of wart freezer-offer on it. (Ten applications over the course of several months)

I have also tried garlic.

I think I would have trouble with the duct tape method. Because my hair would get in the way. I had that kind of problem keeping a bandaid on it when it gets all inflamed from the chemicals I put on.

So far, I think that's all I've tried.

Twenty years ago, when I was a teen, I had a wart on my calf that I couldn't get rid of for over two years. One day while shaving my legs, I accidentally shaved it off. It bled PROFUSELY. But, it never came back. That is what I would really like to do to this one--cut it off. But I wuss out every time I get close to it with my knife. (from what I remember, cutting a plug out of your skin is really painful.) But I am fairly convinced that cutting it is going to be the only way to get rid of it.

What do doctors use? Two of my boss's little kids had several warts on their torso. They took the kids to the doctor who put some stuff on there and covered them with bandaids and the warts fell off. What is THAT stuff? Maybe I need to try some of that.

Cassandra (double bubble)

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Boggles my mind that all that freezing didn't do it in. I hate to say it, but maybe it is doctor time?

d.k

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
* Vit. E worked for my younger DS when he was a kid. He had several warts at the time. We rubbed E into them every night and he also took 2 capsules totaling 4OO units, as I remember, for about 2-3 weeks. It took awhile, but, all but 1 of them went away.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
My sister had a wart for 4 years on her foot. THis year she wentt to the doctors to get it removed. I mean this wart was huge, the measured it at a centimeter long. They scraped it and froze it off. All it did was fed the wart and doubled the size.

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good ideas to try!

Creosote! That's so awesome (thinking of bubbly goopy black stuff) Sounds deliciously vile.

It is not serious enough to me to make a special trip to the doctor for it. But next time I go, I will have him look at it (if some of this other stuff doesn't work in the mean time)

muahahahahah

Cassandra

chcknrs

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Neem oil, apply just enough to put a nice film over the wart. Do this daily for several weeks. Worked on mine!

eggzettra

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Try applying a drop of Krazy glue, goes with out saying be VERY careful.

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My mom just told me about this yesterday. She had a bunch of warts a few years ago. She put a thin slice of potato on each wart and covered them with a band-aid. New slice of potato, new band-aid each day. It tooks 2 weeks or so, but they did go away. That's a frugal and painless treatment. GL:)