Can I see your bread? Post your loaf's photo.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Ok, where do you find those bread cutting guides?? I absolutely need one!!

I haven't quite figured out how to get my bread done in the middle without burning the outside??

Go ahead and laugh, I don't care!!!

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
I have had my cutting guide for so many years I don't remember where I got it, sorry. But now that you know about them you can keep your eyes open for one! It really helps to cool any bread before cutting if you don't want to tear it. Use a sharp serrated knife. This loaf is about 3/4 home ground whole wheat, with a tiny bit of white flour to lighten the texture and a couple of tablespoons of high gluten flour, water, one egg, and a splash of canola oil, tiny bit of sugar and salt and yeast. I don't measure much anymore after so many years.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
We got our similar cutting guide at a yard sale for just 25 cents. One of the best finds, I think, even though it is plastic. The woman said she got it as a gift and had no idea what it was for. She had it on the same table as her small book shelves! :D

I'd love to find a wooden one, but haven't had any luck with that. Maybe I'll try the King Arthur Flour website.

no pic of bread today...... it's still in the oven.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yummy, your bread looks great. I like the idea of slicing the whole loaf then storing.

Oh they sell those plastic slicing guides on e bay all the time.

cackle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I throw everything into the bread machine and let it do the hard work. But I only run the dough setting. So then I take it out and put it in a greased bread pan. I kind of roll it in the oil and then cover with a hot cloth. Let rise then bake it in a 350 oven. Sometimes I will make a dough using a sweet bread recipe and then roll it out brush with butter and then sugar and cinamin and put back in the loaf pan let rise and then bake...

Susan

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
Here is another favorite: burger buns. These are a very nutritious bread made partly with barley flour and soy milk, brushed with an egg wash and sprinkled with sesame seeds. This shape bread is my favorite for the freezer. I just put two to a bag (or enough for your family) and have them for emergencies. Like when I make SOS (something on a shingle) for dinner and use up my loaf of bread before another is made.

916055.jpg

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Zenbirder,

those are the best looking buns I've ever seen!! :lol:

But, seriously, please post that recipe. Do you think that whole wheat flour could be subbed for the barley flour with the same texture results?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow those a nice burger buns. sure not what mine turned out to be..LOL..nice!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
This is my cinnamon swirl bread. I made 2 loaves yesterday, but DS and his friends ate 1 of them in 20 minutes. Me & DH only got 1 small slice each. They said it was really good, except next time - more butter and more cinnamon!
177_cinnamonbread.jpg

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow punkin that pic looks delish enough to eat...I can smell the cinnamon..YUM

did you somehow "glaze" the top with something?