Can I see your bread? Post your loaf's photo.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
wow punkin that pic looks delish enough to eat...I can smell the cinnamon..YUM

did you somehow "glaze" the top with something?
No, that's just the way it turned out. Probably from dry flour where I rolled it out. Although, an egg glaze would make it just purty, wouldn't it?

TX Honky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
yum. I think I'm gonna try my hand at some cin rasin bread.

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
punkin said:
Zenbirder,

those are the best looking buns I've ever seen!! :lol:
Oh Punkin, I laughed so hard, no one has ever said that to me before!

Your cinnamon bread is beautiful, I havn't made that in years. I guess DH deserves a treat sometime soon...

The bun recipe:
about 2 cups soy milk unsweetened
1 egg
splash of canola oil
about 2/3 cup white flour
probably about the same of barley flour
a couple of heaping tablespoons of gluten flour
long dash of salt
tablespoonish of sugar
tablespoonish of yeast (less when the big Sam's club package is first opened, more as it becomes older)
finish with whole wheat flour to make the proper moisture content

I put it all in the bread machine on dough setting. When done remove and shape buns, let rise in a warm place, brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with raw sesame seeds. Bake till done (I can't remember how long it took, roughly 14-17 minutes at 375, but I am at altitude so your baking time and temp won't be the same, just keep checking to make sure it doesn't get too brown)

I think one key factor in my baking is the gluten flour. I get it at my local co-op. It boosts the gluten content of the breads so that you get a nice small bubble texture and much better rise to the breads. Just throw a couple of tablespoons in all the breads you make and you shoud be pleasantly suprised in the difference. Some companies offer "bread flour", this makes any flour even better and less costly than buying the bread flour.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Zenbirder said:
punkin said:
Zenbirder,

those are the best looking buns I've ever seen!! :lol:
Oh Punkin, I laughed so hard, no one has ever said that to me before!

Your cinnamon bread is beautiful, I havn't made that in years. I guess DH deserves a treat sometime soon...

The bun recipe:
about 2 cups soy milk unsweetened
1 egg
splash of canola oil
about 2/3 cup white flour
probably about the same of barley flour
a couple of heaping tablespoons of gluten flour
long dash of salt
tablespoonish of sugar
tablespoonish of yeast (less when the big Sam's club package is first opened, more as it becomes older)
finish with whole wheat flour to make the proper moisture content

I put it all in the bread machine on dough setting. When done remove and shape buns, let rise in a warm place, brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with raw sesame seeds. Bake till done (I can't remember how long it took, roughly 14-17 minutes at 375, but I am at altitude so your baking time and temp won't be the same, just keep checking to make sure it doesn't get too brown)

I think one key factor in my baking is the gluten flour. I get it at my local co-op. It boosts the gluten content of the breads so that you get a nice small bubble texture and much better rise to the breads. Just throw a couple of tablespoons in all the breads you make and you shoud be pleasantly suprised in the difference. Some companies offer "bread flour", this makes any flour even better and less costly than buying the bread flour.
Thanks for the recipe. I'm gonna print that out. I tried hamburger buns a few weeks ago, but my buns weren't nearly as nice as yours. :lol:

PotterWatch

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I need to make some cinnamon raisin bread the next time I want french toast...yum! This is a loaf I made last night. Didn't rise as much as I wanted it to, but it sure tasted good (all gone after breakfast this morning). I'm making hotdog and hamburger buns today, along with the second loaf from last night's bread recipe.

DSCF0001a.jpg

SandraMort

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We made pizza pockets with yeasted bread dough. Probably not what you wanted, but I had to share. They're extra fresh since we bought the wheat at a local mill and ground it ourselves!

The kids' pockets have sauce and cheese. DH has sauce, cheese & veggies cooked with italian spices and finely ground dried tomato and mine have sauce, cheese, the veggies, strips of beef and diced bacon ends from a local smokehouse.

e4306439e70a.jpeg

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I just had to show you this loaf of bread...well, what's left of it. I made 2 loaves yesterday and this is all we have left. It has the most wonderful flavor.

It's Cranberry Swirl Bread. I got the recipe from Taste of Home.
177_cranberrybread.jpg

Edited to add: It was what I had for breakfast this morning. :p

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Here are some yeast rolls and white bread I made this past weekend. I also made some wheat bread but it was all sold on Monday along with 2 loaves of the white. This is what I kept for us. The yeast rolls will go to work with me tomorrow for our Thanksgiving meal and I will have to bake more tomorrow afternoon when I get home for us to have here at home. (One loaf was almost eat completely the minute I took it out of the oven.)

bread1.jpg

Rolls1.jpg