Can I see your bread? Post your loaf's photo.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
roosmom said:
HOLD ON, I'll check

I just checked it out......approximately 12 cups. That is unsifted. :)
Just an FYI for anyone who is interested......depending upon the time of year that your wheat was grown and harvested it will weigh different amounts. Summer wheat is typically lighter and that is why many cook books actually go be weight rather than cup measurements.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dace said:
roosmom said:
HOLD ON, I'll check

I just checked it out......approximately 12 cups. That is unsifted. :)
Just an FYI for anyone who is interested......depending upon the time of year that your wheat was grown and harvested it will weigh different amounts. Summer wheat is typically lighter and that is why many cook books actually go be weight rather than cup measurements.
Good to know, I went by cup measurements this one time, but from now on I'll be going by weight.

adoptedbyachicken

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
Do any of you bake yours in the oven? We don't have a bread machine but we do, for some reason, have an arseload of silicone bread pans and I will be trying out the recipe in my Self Sufficient book this weekend.
I quit on bread machines too. I let them bake it at first, then liked the free forms I could do outside the machine so I just used the dough cycle, then I moved and kitchen space was more premium. I wanted a Kitchen Aid anyway, and I wanted to make more bread at the same time so I got the Kitchen Aid and gave Mom the bread machine.

I use the silicon bread pans, love them. Never any need to grease them unless your doing a sweet bread, and don't wash them. Every thing comes out with a flick normally when I'm making my multigrain, WW or white bread. Some times after raisin bread I have to wash them.

P2090149.jpg

P7270055.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

Those are the only bread pictures I seem to have on hand, but I can take bread loaf pictures if you want in the morning.

Kim_NC

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Here are a couple I've baked lately.

Sun Dried Tomato & Asiago Cheese (Artisan type)

SD_Tom_Chs_Brd.JPG

English Muffin Bread (No Knead)

bread_eng_muffin.jpg

Edit: Ooppsss...had to fix my pics, they were only links at first

walnuthollow

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I wanted to share some pics. Can someone help? I clicked on the imgtag link but it takes me to a help page. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.