Can I see your bread? Post your loaf's photo.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Do any of you bake yours in the oven? We don't have a bread machine but we do, for some reason, have an arseload of silicone bread pans and I will be trying out the recipe in my Self Sufficient book this weekend.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I do not own a bread machine either. I dont think I ever will. Yes it is easier, I just cant afford one. Well, it is not on my list of priorities, LOL.
So yes, I bake all of it in the oven. :)

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I don't own a bread machine anymore. I use to but never let it bake my bread, I just let it knead my dough and then baked it in the oven. After it died on me I just never got another one.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
Do any of you bake yours in the oven? We don't have a bread machine but we do, for some reason, have an arseload of silicone bread pans and I will be trying out the recipe in my Self Sufficient book this weekend.
I bake most of mine in the oven but let the machine do the mixing and rising. The braided bread I did for Thanksgiving I mixed in the Kitchen Aid mixer and let rise in the basement near the woodstove. I can't knead by hand anymore. I broke my wrist 10 years ago and it just hurts too much now.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
We have a bread machine and DH likes to use it...I prefer to mix in the kitchen aid/knead by hand then rise & bake off in the oven.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Cool! I'm starting to make some bread now, but my book only gave me a measurement of the flour as lbs, it says 3lbs of flour, well unfortunately the scale is broken, so I'm wondering if there is anyway you guys would know in cups, how much 3lbs would be?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
2dream

what is your avatar? I keep looking and honestly I can not tell what that picture is? I know, going blind I guess..LOL

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
roosmom said:
HOLD ON, I'll check

I just checked it out......approximately 12 cups. That is unsifted. :)
Weird, It had a grams amount, so I put that into a grams-cups calculator and came up with 5.85 or something like that, almost 6 cups, i did it with the 6 cups and i still had to add some extra water! It's a recipe from a book of mine, so we'll see if it works but i'm deffo buying a scale tomorrow.

EDIT!! I just went to check on the dough rising, and it's almost doubled, so I have a feeling it's going alright haha.

PotterWatch

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I don't have a bread maker, nor do I use a mixer. I would rather do everything by hand than have to clean up the extra stuff that comes with using a mixer.