Can I see your bread? Post your loaf's photo.

TX Honky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have been working on my bread for months and it was always turning out very thick in the middle and I tried different recipes to see what we liked the most. Well last night, I used the "Family Yeast Bread" recipe from The Hillbilly Housewife website and mine turned out really good. DH who will eat anything and has always eaten my bread with a smile actually said "You did it"! I was pretty proud. But I'd like to see what everyones bread looks like, especially the inside. Just to see if I'm doing right or close. I'll go first.
HPIM0798.jpg
er I used "Better For Bread" flour. hope photo works

TX Honky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wow why is the picture so honkin big? oh well you got it that what counts! I'll try a different one.

TX Honky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
heres another one of my bread that dh has almost eat'n all of. hhehhehehe
HPIM0796.jpg

TX Honky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
p.s. that recipe made 4.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WOW TX---nice bread

mine was close to that for the interior, but not as many air holes, more dense than yours......yours looks like great sandwich bread.......mine will be good for crisping in the oven and such. Not wasting it, but Tony said for sandwiches it was dense, chewy, heavy, kinda like glue.....Gee, thanks for the compliments right?--LOL

but yours looks fab and I will check out that site for the recipe...thanks!!!

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I don't have any photos, and am leaving out of town tomorrow, so no baking any bread b4 then.

I'm sure I'll forget when I get back, unless this thread is real active.

Just wanted to describe mine, compared to yours.

My crust looks a little thinner/flakier. And the center of mine looks as if it's not as dense/moist as yours. (the holes in mine are bigger) Mine falls apart easily when cutting b/c of that. Yours looks like a good slicer!

You could send me a loaf and I'll sample it to know for sure! LOL! If you sent it today, it could get to the hotel for my stay! ;) :D

BTW.. my dh is the same as yours when it comes to response! LOL! He'll eat it (a slice) regardless... but then when it's a good loaf he really lathers on the praise and will eat at least half a loaf if not more.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
TX, that sure looks good!! I'm goin' to HillbillyHouseWife to get that recipe. ;)

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
Here is the loaf I made yesterday, it is vertical because I let the bread machine do all the work including baking.

916022.jpg

I cool it overnight in the refrigerator to make it easier for slicing in the guide. I would prefer a wood slicing guide, but I have not been able to find one.

916027.jpg

I slice the whole loaf and have ready sandwich bread! :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WOW that sucker is a monster and nice!

I need that cutting guide also...gotta go buy one! I end up ripping the bread :(

TX Honky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ditto. where do you find a bread slicer? Nice bread.