Can I share something gross and weird that happened!? (BAD PIC ON P 4)

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
(dh) John was in the bathroom and felt something on his arm. He looked and it was a white worm that had falled from the ceiling, bounced off his arm and landed on the floor.

He moved out of the way and looked up and a couple more fell down. They were falling out of the exhaust fan.

He got a mop bucket, put a couple of inches of water in it and sat it under the fan. All told, maybe a dozen or so fell out of there.

When I got home, he told me about it. He said his first thought was termite larvae. He googled images and it wasn't that. THen he thought wasp larvae (we've had wasps in our attic) it wasn't that.

They are an inch or two long, white worms... about as big around and the inkwell on the inside of a pen, they have no appendages and the only markings we could tell from our not exactly close scrutiny is a little black line (its guts) you can see on the inside that goes about half way up one end.

At my insistence, John pulled the cover off the fan. I thought maybe something had died up there (a rat) and the worms were maggots (even thought they were larger than maggots in my experience.) But John said there had been no smell. Anyway, he got the cover off and there was NOTHING up there. No trace of whatever those worms might have been. Not gross spot where they might have come from. Just your typical dust...

Cassandra (mystery not solved)

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
That is not only strange but I have one back at ya. I found one - yes just one in my kitchen sink. I was washing dishes and was in the process of rinsing the last glass. Nothing in the sink. Turned glass upside down on towel, turned back to sink and there it was.
This white, grub/maggot/larve looking thing in my kitchen sink.
I have no clue where it came from or how it got there.
We are both in MS. Maybe there is an epidemic.

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
AhHA! 2dream, maybe you are on to something!

Now, I am all creeped out. Everywhere I walk in the house I am waiting for worms to start raining down.

Cassandra

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
without seeing the critter I don't have a clue.
nothing up there....hmm...maybe some type of catepillar critter or moth or something laid a few eggs and that was them and now they are gone....??????
just guessing, but icky...I hate things in the house, especially wiggly things..LOL

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
You may try searching for "white larvae" and see if anything looks like it.

I'm wondering if you had some moisture in the roof/vent area that attracted bugs . . . such as a fungus gnat? I don't know.

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
that reminded me about a story i heard on the radio this morning. A lady was having numbness and tingling in her arm and went to see a dr ct and mri were normal she went back later with headaches and the docs found a tumor on hre brain and did surgery to remove it. When the got in to where the tumor was they found a LIVE WORM on her brain stem. It was removed and she will recover fully although totally grossed out :th. so be glad your worms were in the attic of your house instead of the attic of your body

redhen

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
firem3 said:
that reminded me about a story i heard on the radio this morning. A lady was having numbness and tingling in her arm and went to see a dr ct and mri were normal she went back later with headaches and the docs found a tumor on hre brain and did surgery to remove it. When the got in to where the tumor was they found a LIVE WORM on her brain stem. It was removed and she will recover fully although totally grossed out :th. so be glad your worms were in the attic of your house instead of the attic of your body
...:ep..:barnie..:ep..:ep..:th..

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
firem3 said:
GAROSS - And you would have to say headache on top of everything else. I have had a moving headache for the last 3 days. It just kind of wanders around from front to back. Maybe thats where that worm in my sink came from.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
OMG you are all creeping me out!!! GROSS!!

I have had a headache all day, my bones ache, OMG I am hoping I am just coming down with the flu and don't have a WORM in my brain!! :barnie