Can I share something gross and weird that happened!? (BAD PIC ON P 4)

redhen

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
firem3 said:
chick the next time you get a headache just think it may be from one of your pigs. :aww :gig :lol:
i have pigs(that live in my house!!..pot belly pigs)....now i am freaked out!..i didnt read the link...i'd never sleep again...can you get these worms from live pigs?..or just from eating the meat?....please say just from meat...:fl..:fl...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I think it is just from eating the meat. That is why all those FDA warnings are out there about safe meat handling, and COOKING thorougly!

People that like beef rare or medium rare gross me out (no offense). DH used to work on a Dairy Farm, and some of those cows would be butchered. My DH said, don't eat the meat. And I never did!

I know they say beef in a steak form is safe to eat still mooing in the middle, but you won't find it mooing at my house! Well done to burnt, thank you very much!

edited for typos. too early yet.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ok gotta say this....what about the bot fly larvae....the lady I am thinking of had one lay an egg in her scalp and it lived there! Until she had some symptoms that she finally got checked out. At which point they had to suffocate the worm and when they did it squirmed out of its hole and they grabbed and pullled it out the rest of the way..............eeeewwwww.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OK RM
that is a horror movie....but I couldn't eat popcorn while watching that. ICKY big time. worms in the head UGH-UGH

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok so this thread was really grossing me out. But I had to keep reading.... what does that say about me. I think someone should check that worm on the brain story on Snoops.com seed if its real. It sounds kinda like the lady who cut her tounge on an envelope and later cockroaches grew formed and hatched in her tounge. Horror story I learned as a kid. I am pretty sure its been disproved.

Uhhh about the worms in the fan, any leads???

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
tank, did you see the link i posted? the story came over the Rick and Bubba show in Birmingham and they usually don't report crap but sometimes crazy stories like the one about the lady that took sleeping meds and her dog ate her lip off while she was unconscious... anyway a lady came on from a very prominent eye facility in Birmingham and said they get worms out of peoples eyes all the time. she said they kill them with lasers and the body absorbs them. YUCK!!!!

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Uhhh about the worms in the fan, any leads???
Nope. Nothing. Seems John broke the plastic fan cover, so the hole has been exposed for the past few days. Nothing has fallen or flown out as far as we can see. (Now where am I supposed to get a replacement fan cover?!)

By the way, while I was searching for images of the culprit online, I found dozens (if not hundreds) of references to varios "Larva taking up residence in a human body" stories from around the world. Many with videos. I watched one of them that showed a butterfly larva being extracted from a hole in a little girls neck.

I can't look at maggot pictures or watch maggot movies in general, though. Oddly, it didn't gross me out too bad to see a handful of dead ones in the bottom of a bucket of water in the bathroom.

But those pictures! OMGGAG To see them squirming out of pustules on a person, or writhing and wriggling en masse is way more than I can stomach.

Cassandra

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So just to add to the grossness.... Up in the North, the Inuit peoples often shoot caribou that are infested with these big nasty larvae living in their skin. They EAT the maggots for snacks! Just pop em out of the caribou's skin and have a treat. I hear they taste like cheese.

I read this in a book by the way.
Now that's GROSS!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
There are a lot of native cultures that eat insects. Not my idea of fun either.

On the other hand, if you were cold and hungry and you had it available . . . people have been known to eat a lot worse things in extreme situations.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
heck survivorman eats gross things...LOL
also that show...bizarre foods from around the world.
I CAN'T watch that show...I can't see him eat that stuff..LOL