Can I share something gross and weird that happened!? (BAD PIC ON P 4)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had heard that story as well. The Dr said she either got it from undercooked pork...or not washing her hands after going potty. All I can say is... BURNT PORK ANYONE!?? :p

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Hey cassandra, I don't suppose you have pix? You have me ferociously curious to figure out what they were... :)

Pat, betting on fly larvae of some sort, concievably beetle larvae

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry, my fearless hunter flushed them all down the toilet. But heaven forbid we find another, I will take a pic.

I was googling images of maggots, though, and they do look really similar (from what I saw.)

Cassandra

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
firem3
ain't no way I am clicking on that link.
one look at a brain worm and I will have the willies for weeks...no thanks...LOL-LOL-LOL

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
chick the next time you get a headache just think it may be from one of your pigs. :aww :gig :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I got clean hogs--smart alec! :) well clean as any stinkin' hog can be! :lol:

Hmm..maybe Tony has a brain worm cause honestly he is a nutcase some days....maybe that worm wiggling up there???LOL

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I watched that video. That is a scary story. I never eat undercooked pork, I always wash my hands but apparently according to that story this is something that is happening more often. We only eat out a few times a year and now I won't even do that.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Trichinosis (spelling) used to be a really chronic problem with pork but has been pretty much eliminated in commercial pigs in the US due to good worming programs. I suppose that it will increase due to pork imports. Also chronic in omniverous animals like bear. It usually causes, if I remember correctly, an intestinal illness that resolves in a couple of days without treatment. Very very rarely can effect a person neurolgically.
I do wonder about the story , which I can't load on my computer, as the TV series House had that as a case a couple of months ago- seems rather peculiar since it is so rare as to be non-existant in the US. Just my suspicious mind I guess.