Can I share something gross and weird that happened!? (BAD PIC ON P 4)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ugggg !!!!!!!!! Yes I have seen all those kinds of things as well. I think there is even some type of medical treatment that uses maggots to eat dead and dying flesh. Mother nature works in mysterious ways.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Being as a lot of fly or beetle larvae will crawl away from a carcass (e.g. dead mouse or squirrel in attic) in order to find somewhere to pupate, I think that's still my bet, even though I know you didn't find anything dead.

Pat

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
ugggg !!!!!!!!! Yes I have seen all those kinds of things as well. I think there is even some type of medical treatment that uses maggots to eat dead and dying flesh. Mother nature works in mysterious ways.
It is on burn victims. They place medically raised maggots on the burns and they eat away all the dead flesh. I guess its a lot less painful that abrasion therapy. I think I would MAKE myself handle it if it was the maggots or pain, lol.

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
Being as a lot of fly or beetle larvae will crawl away from a carcass (e.g. dead mouse or squirrel in attic) in order to find somewhere to pupate, I think that's still my bet, even though I know you didn't find anything dead.

Pat
Me too, Pat. But this has turned into a fun thread, hadn't it? ;)

Cassandra

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here is the worm between a US quarter and a Canadian $2 coin. Sorry my camera will not do better detail. (time for a new one!)

Ok, so this worm is a bit dried out. It has been dead a couple of days. While alive, he was longer and more purely white. He had a black dot at one end and a thin black line, about a quarter of an inch long that you could see on the outside, but it was clearly running along the inside of his body.

And that's about it. He doesn't have any scars or tattoos that I could discern. Pretty nondescript.

worm.jpg

Cassandra

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
No scars or tatoos. I just can't get a good ID then.

Looks like a fly larva, also known as a maggot. There are a lot of different kinds of flies too.

Could be wasp larva.

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Y'all are gross!
I vote fly maggot too. Maybe the fly took off for a better place and left her maggots there in your fan. Gross, yes. Probable, yes. Do I want it to happen here, NO!

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
No scars or tatoos. I just can't get a good ID then.

Looks like a fly larva, also known as a maggot. There are a lot of different kinds of flies too.

Could be wasp larva.
:gig

*tongue in cheek* Can we at least get a finger pr.....um body print for identification?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the larva is giving up little in death!
sneaky sucker!

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It's like he was killed to keep him from revealing the secret!

:lol:

Cassandra

Latest posts