Canker Sores

Gallina Vecchia

Power Conserver
Reaction score
You could try some powdered alum applied with a cotton swab. Not the most pleasant but it helps to dry the canker sore up.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
It FINALLY feels a little bit better this morning, like it's actually starting to heal. I haven't had one in years and man I really forgot how much I hate them! Thanks for all the tips. :D

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Suck a tea bag! We learned this from a dentist. The tannin in a tea bag will stop oral bleeding, helps with the swelling and will make the sore less sore.

A used black leaf tea bag works best. (like Lipton)

This is what the dentist prescribed when my MIL had teeth pulled and they were not healing up properly.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Ok, I just spent several minutes with a teabag jammed up in my gum and tea running out of my mouth. :lol: I had a papertowel in place to catch any leaking. I was lucky enough that nobody came in the office and saw me with a teabag string hanging out of my mouth.

The taste wasn't very good, but it might feel a little better! It didnt' feel so good with the teabag up there, but now it does. :)

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
This can be painful, but every time you brush your teeth, gently brush the canker too. I found that if you brush off that layer of yellow stuff, it feels better almost right away and heals faster. Think of it like "proud flesh"...if you have horses you will know what I'm talking about.
Ok, I thought no way was I going to try this because it sounded painful, but I tried it this morning and I swear it feels much better and smaller already! I am hopeful!! :D