Cannabis as medicine for real, anyone?

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I guess that means you use no drugs EVER? and yes herbs count because pot is a herb. If you are injured really painfully do we give you some rawhide to bite on or would you want a nice quick death instead? It is easy to throw stones now try catching a few. I am stone cold sober at the moment and I hope you never suffer the pain that some others are. I watched my father die in extream pain while the doctors refused to give him more painkiller because "He might become addicted" They knew he had only a few days left and they were worryed about addiction? So he spent his last days begging for relief instead.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
medical health problems such as pain from illness etc. is not what I am talking about OBVIOUSLY.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
medical health problems such as pain from illness etc. is not what I am talking about OBVIOUSLY.
Well if you insist on going off topic [this one is 'Cannabis as medicine'] the burden is on you to make it known that you have changed the subject.
BTW I just love people like Boggity and you who live such perfect lives that they feel free to tell other people how to live, Bless your hearts!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It is about making it legal. for the general public. IT IS MEDICALLY LEGAL right now. This is all about legal for general use in public. You go off on a medical issue tangent. Like that is pretaining to the subject. why don't you stay on topic. would be refreshing ya know

anyone obtaining pot for 'their own medicinal use' is a crime. pure and simple to me. I don't care what color you wash over it. hide behind the other issues. I don't want it made legal for general use in public. That is my view. My opinion and I stick to it.

Yea, just what this world needs more of, legal drug use. on a recreational drug that people are not using for medicinal purpose. Like 1 out of every 1000 smokers maybe. I am sure if it was legal those walking the streets smoking a joint would say, oh I do this cause I have an ache and pain. yea right. getting high. another way to screw up ones life and the lives of others.

Society is miserable as is, now give them more legal drugs.

If smoking a joint changed your personality to nicer, sure I would beg a doctor to write you a prescription ;)

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
getting high. another way to screw up ones life and the lives of others.

First, let me say you are entitled to your opinion. However....

The vast majority of Cannabis users hold down jobs, have families and are just like anyone else! You would never know they "indulge" at all. I know some very respectable professionals that use it. Sure, there are people that "over use" and are stoned most of the time, But NOT most people! Just like there are people that like a beer or two on the weekend but they are NOT alcoholics! As a matter of FACT... Alcohol is a far bigger, wide spread, and addictive problem than cannabis!

But, the subject at hand is..."Cannabis as medicine for real, anyone?" and yes, it dose have it's uses, and I feel it should be available for those who found it helpful.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sounds great on paper.

I am sure many cocaine users have jobs. Kinda like the movie industry. go figure. They function. They have families. Many can handle it. So should cocaine be legal because some 'do fine on it'? If that is the basis of making it ok? Some people do fine on it and function? then all drugs should be legal. Because, if some do handle it, then it makes it ok.

Just because it seems milder than hardcore drugs to me will never make it OK. respectable professionals using illegal drugs. oh yea that makes it fine. As long as it isn't a 13 year old, getting high at school, pressuring, maybe, one of our kids to 'indulge'.

I know it happens. I know it has the reputation you posted. But it doesn't make it right to me ever. That arugment is full of holes to me.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
It is about making it legal. for the general public. IT IS MEDICALLY LEGAL right now. This is all about legal for general use in public. You go off on a medical issue tangent. Like that is pretaining to the subject. why don't you stay on topic. would be refreshing ya know
Well everyone has the right to their own opinion but NOT their own facts. It does say "Cannabis as medicine for real, anyone?" at the top of the page, that is a fact, is there any part of that I can explain to you? It is not truly legal or medically legal right now [this should make you happy] some cities and states have their own Laws but the federal government still insists it is not legal. Neither side wants it to go to the Supreme Court because they could lose. My own state, NC, has the quaint law of saying every package must bear a tax stamp like Tobacco or Alcohol the stamp does not make it legal is just allows the state to hit a user with another charge and try to collect the value of the stamps that should be there on the illegal product. Try applying logic to that law. I dont use, it just makes me meaner but I do buy a few stamps just to mess with them and I think these rare stamps might be a good investment long term. BTW illegal use of prescription drugs is supposed to be 5X the problem of pot users according to our Sherriff. Yep if he catches them he charges them otherwise he would lose the next election.
Good Luck to you, keep up the good fight, but dont ignore the facts they will win in the end. PS I would rather be smarter than nicer. ~gd

anyone obtaining pot for 'their own medicinal use' is a crime. pure and simple to me. I don't care what color you wash over it. hide behind the other issues. I don't want it made legal for general use in public. That is my view. My opinion and I stick to it.

Yea, just what this world needs more of, legal drug use. on a recreational drug that people are not using for medicinal purpose. Like 1 out of every 1000 smokers maybe. I am sure if it was legal those walking the streets smoking a joint would say, oh I do this cause I have an ache and pain. yea right. getting high. another way to screw up ones life and the lives of others.

If smoking a joint changed your personality to nicer, sure I would beg a doctor to write you a prescription ;)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
smarter than nicer? you didn't choose wisely ;)

My facts are as long as people are opposed and keep opposing, I stand the good stand on my side of KEEPING it illegal.
I will always do my darnest to be sure that happens. I won't wimp out and give in. Nope. and that is my opinion.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Farmerchick, don't think that just because you and many others oppose something, even with all your heart, that you will keep it from happening. Right now, this fight doesn't seem to have much money in it. In fact, probably big pharma opposes it because it is something they can't control yet. But you can rest assured that if the big money guys figure out a way to make a lot of money with legalized marijuana, it will be legalized.

PS: It's not like you to come off sounding this vindictive towards other posters. Generally you are less agressive. Sounds like you have a personal stake in this matter, and if so, you have my condolences. I've had a few loved ones to mess up big time and know how crushing it can be to the bystanders.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well you can pick a side and fight. best anyone can do. in the end it is what it is I guess.
the world changes every minute. some for the good, some for the bad. but if you have your convictions, I am not caving because some big parma might win. That isn't me. I won't and don't accept alot this world offers.