Cassandra - Stompin' around on the little farm

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh, I wish it were that easy! It makes you feel kinda silly to know that you are afraid of something that is completely harmless. :D

John got home Friday night. He has to schedule his test now. He was either going to do it this Wednesday or the following Monday.

I have already decided that I am going to quit this job pretty soon... Like within the next few months. Not weeks. I just haven't figure out how to break it to the bosses yet. They have been so generous to me. And with Mr. C having had another heart attack recently... well, it just makes things kinda tense.

I know the opportunity will present itself. I will be waiting for it.

Cassandra

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I LOVE going out to see the chickens after dark!! I make it a point to go visit them before I go to bed, in all weather. Just to sit and watch them, listen to them, pet the dogs and just decompress from my day. Sometimes I sing to them.....could be why their molt has lasted so long, not sure! :hu

Can you imagine what the chooks think? Here I am in my gum boots, flannel nightgown, camo jacket....glamorous, huh? I sit on a metal milk crate upturned to make a seat (cold!) and just watch them preen and settle into the roosts. I also get to see the stars, pet the sweet dogs and smell the night air. This is my favorite time of the day for meditation!

Cassandra, can you imagine what that spider is saying to her mate? "If we pull this off, we'll eat like KINGS!" :D

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh, she is out to get me! They are conspiring for sure. Lucky for me I look taller from way up high. She is just missing me by inches.

I went at lunch today to try to get the inspection sticker renewed on my car. You know they wouldn't let me do it because the roads are wet!

:/

uh... huh?

The condition of the roads shouldn't matter unless they want me to do donuts in their parking lot or something. :p All they did last year was check the odometer. I guess I will try again tomorrow. Not many more business days before the end of the month.

Cassandra

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
What did the roads being wet have to do with anything?! :hu That doesn't make any sense to me.

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:D

I love your post about going out to sit with the chickens at night! Thats what I do too! I go outside with my big canvas jacket, flannel nightie, floppy mud boots, long stringy hair flying around...and my husband can see the whole mess on the cameras in the house! I forget they're there :lol:
I also sit in my shed/coop, one of my main ones, and visit with my brooder chicks...they're feathered out now, but I like to tease them cause they wake up when I come in and open their door, all the big birds are asleep ;)

Chickens Rock! They're much better than aquariums for relaxation! I can visit with them all day long :)

Hope things work out good for you with the job issues! Happy holidays!
Tina

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I've been known to go visit my chickens just for the fun of it too. Sometimes it's therapy! Once we had a party at our house. People kept coming and handing me dishes of food. My DH had disappeared into the basement to show off his model trains. I called to him and said he needed to come up NOW. Then I handed him all the plates I was juggling and went out to "lock up the girls". I stayed for a good half hour! Claustraphopia-yeesh!
I hate running into spider webs. Ickickickick

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I realize this is cassandras journal, but I just have to say to you two.....stop taunting me with the " I can sit out side and enjoy the cool nite air and watch the stars routine"......LOL

They were just feeling lazy, thats why they didnt want to di it today in the rain, LOL

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a metal half keg that I sit on to watch the chickens. It's a very comfy seat. I haven't been able to the last two days either because of the rain. We had tornado warnings in my county within the last hour (several miles south of me, though.)

Cassandra

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Cassandra
Its must be raining all over MS. No tornado warnings that I am aware of here but wet. My poor Silkies. They were soaking wet. I don't know why those birds don't get out of the rain?

Latest posts