Cassandra - Stompin' around on the little farm

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
funny but I have no desire to watch a chicken..LOL..not a bird lover here, but I definitely do that with my goats. Go sit on their cable spool that they jump on and pet them and just relax. It is fun to check in with our animals and enjoy them for what they are!

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
2dream said:
Cassandra
Its must be raining all over MS. No tornado warnings that I am aware of here but wet. My poor Silkies. They were soaking wet. I don't know why those birds don't get out of the rain?
That is SO funny. Mine don't go for cover, either. Just stand, looking around, trying to figure out why they are wet all of a sudden. :)

Cassandra

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yay! This is my first post from my new computer. (Wow. It just autocorrected as I am typing this post!)

John has been trying to talk me into a notebook (laptop) computer for years, knowingly I secretly and not so secretly wanted one. And I finally got one. It is sort of a Christmas present, bearing in mind that we usually end up buying things this time of year that we really need and don't have the money or nerve to buy during the rest of the year. For me, it was a toss-up between the computer and a tiller. The computer will get MUCH more use. LOL

I am just getting used to the keyboard. Notebook keyboards are so weird. John got his first notebook computer about ten years ago and we nicknamed the keyboard the DCK (damn chicklet keyboard.) Pardon the language, but there you go. History is often not very pretty.

Gyah. Plus not all of the keys are in the right place. I like it, though. You know why I wanted it. So I could sit in the bed at night and read and type. That is just what I'm doing.

Also, I can go to project gutenberg and read books to my hearts content. You can turn the computer sideways, so that you are holding it like a book, and orient your screen ninety degrees so that the text is just like a book. Now, I feel like I have an endless library. I will never have to want for anything to read again. :)

Cassandra

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
First Beekissed with her dangling sugar scrubs in my face and now you with that new laptop. Woah is me. I guess I really need to work on my envy issues.

I am guessing you have wireless internet too.

At least tell me more about this new laptop. I need more visual stimulation I guess. And you have to tell me about the books you read. Know way are you getting off easy on this one.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Congrats on the new computer!!

Tell me more about the book reading place, please. I sometimes use a laptop, too.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
congrats on the laptop!
enjoy it, sounds like you are falling in love with it.

I want one, I don't want one...LOL...I have a good working ancient computer. Til it dies, no new one for me. I wish laptop prices would come down more. They still seem on the high side? But then again I haven't priced them in a while.

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love project gutenburg. There is also a website that has the complete works of shakespear available to read.

The computer is an Acer Extensa. I think it is this model here:

http://us.acer.com/public/page133.d...=en&ctx3=-1&ctx4=United+States&crc=2981983908

We do have wireless internet in the house. John's a computer tech for an office solutions company. The business pays for all except $5 a month for our high speed internet connection. This computer makes number 6 that we have in the house right now. So, it was either let him spend $60 on a wireless router or let him drill holes and run cable all through the house. :p

It's always surprising, even though it shouldn't be, to find what software comes with new computers and more importantly, what doesn't! I've got to find my web editing software and my image editing software and the few games I like to play sometimes. I couldn't even figure out how to check my email last night! :lol"

I got it this morning, tho. ;)

Cassandra

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Hooray for the new computer.

After using my laptop for over a year a full size keyboard feels weird and clunky.

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
heehee

A few years ago, I switched from a regular keyboard to ergo split keyboards. My typing speed went up about 10 wpm in a short time! I really love those and now typing on a regular flat keyboard feels very awkward. I just hope I get used to this DCK. I am still missing keys and hitting the wrong thing all the time.

I am enjoying the new computer, though. I watched funny videos on it last night.

Cassandra

Latest posts