Cast Iron

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
These look alot different than the one's we have here across the pond .

they should, they're new and different pans. the texture may be even different, i've not looked into them at all so i don't know.

if they are new and started out unseasoned and shiny then it can take a while to get the dark seasoning you see on pans that have been used for years.

i wouldn't get rid of them if they cook ok. just based upon looks i'd certainly not get rid of them.

if you are getting a lot of smoke you are cooking too hot with them. you shouldn't have any pan on the heat without something in it, and if you're just starting with a bit of oil then you also don't want it turned up high unless you're going to be adding something to it shortly.

all IMO of course.

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
they should, they're new and different pans. the texture may be even different, i've not looked into them at all so i don't know.

if they are new and started out unseasoned and shiny then it can take a while to get the dark seasoning you see on pans that have been used for years.

i wouldn't get rid of them if they cook ok. just based upon looks i'd certainly not get rid of them.

if you are getting a lot of smoke you are cooking too hot with them. you shouldn't have any pan on the heat without something in it, and if you're just starting with a bit of oil then you also don't want it turned up high unless you're going to be adding something to it shortly.

all IMO of course.
If all the iron pans I've seen I have never seen them turn patchy like these. They say they are pure iron 🤔

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs

Well... if you haven't yet used it... you should be able to get your full money back?
I've searched for the return address as I put it back in its original packaging as soon as I read it contained aluminium inside the pan. There no address on all the paper work they sent inside the box

The phone number doesn't work I tried calling but my call was cut off and I couldn't email directly as my mail was refused however I sent a message via their website.

They do not provide a return address, it's all rather vague

Thank you for your help I really appreciate this. I've spent so many hours trying to find something I can actually cook with.

I read about @baymule lodge pan too late :(

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have had my cast iron for 39 years, I never needed more than this, ALTHOUGH every time I walk buy the cast iron at TS I really have to stop myself :gig I want to buy more
dutch oven, LG stew pot
2 LG skillets
1 small skillet,
waffle iron
steak sear
I have bought pans twice in 40 years, first set of Revere Ware is 40yr old and when I needed a few more pans to cook for my crew I bought a second set like 30 years ago.
fry pans, same I dont use them as much and look newish

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'll be homeless at the way I'm spending out on pans. All I wanted was to be able to cook.

I've bought the hexclad not realising it contains aluminium :thif that's not bad enough I find out after purchasing, the aluminium is inside the actual part you cook on.
This metal had been known to leach into food then brain and causes alzheimer. I'll be frying on a brick soon.

I spent nights searching up and then made this massive mistake..

you do know that aluminum is a very common element right? your body likely knows how to deal with it.

anyways, if the metal is clad in other metal it won't be leaching into what you cook unless you somehow wear away the metal it is clad in. unlikely unless you're really aggressive with your scrubbing and using very harsh materials to scrub with.

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
the pans @Marie2020 purchased were not cast iron they were a different product.
Spindled apparently. The worst spot has cleared but there's a reoccurring rash which I'm managing too control using coconut oil and arnica cream.

As for the latest pan yes there's aluminium inside, it may be contained but I'm not risking using it. If it had only been at the bottom I wouldn't have been so concerned.

Latest posts