Cast Iron

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
you do know that aluminum is a very common element right? your body likely knows how to deal with it.

anyways, if the metal is clad in other metal it won't be leaching into what you cook unless you somehow wear away the metal it is clad in. unlikely unless you're really aggressive with your scrubbing and using very harsh materials to scrub with.
Well I've looked into sending this pan back , the phone number provided is not being picked up the customer service is deleting my mail and have not sent a return address so I can get the my money back.

Apparently I'm not alone, this has been going on since 2018, many people have lost hundreds of dollars through this company

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I really cannot wait to get my lodge skillet.
After losing hundreds of pounds this pan will be precious to me. I'm real broke after all this ,at least ramsey is in the money, he must be very proud and happy making such a good living off a con
What is this ramsey that you are talking about? If an American based company, maybe you could file a complaint with the BBB.

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I did a BBB search for the UK

there isn't one. the Better Business Bureau is something in the USA. Business in the UK is monitored by local authorities who have a Trading Standards department, and by the police who investigate fraud. Certain businesses are controlled by official regulators, like Ofcom or the rail regulator.

I went to the citizen's advice about the lack of return address for hex they were reporting too trading standards and gave me a reference number which I sent in a email, this morning I finally got a return address.

On the other pans returned they said the will return some of the money. I will lose 160 with postage but better than the whole thing. I'm getting 140 back apparently firmly first order the second order wasn't considered

In total between the both companies I've lost at least £200 .

Just waiting for my lodge now :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I need to do this to my Lodge pan. Otherwise it's an expensive paper weight. I never use it because it's rough inside. I have no idea where it is at the moment. I use my vintage cast iron pan for almost everything!

if it is textured and a little bumpy that is normal. if you look at the link i posted above you'll see the brand new pan is a bit bumpy, that is ok. it will gradually change through time as it is used and as the seasoning builds up on it.

you can put a tuxedo on a goat, but it is still a goat. cast iron is not stainless steel they're different pans with different uses and IMO shouldn't be treated the same. some overlap for sure, but on the whole i don't use one for the other.

if the issue is how it was used before and it needs to be scrubbed and cleaned up a bit that is a different topic entirely. i can't tell without looking to know what's happened.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah I have no idea why I thought I couldn’t use cast iron but now I’m excited to get some 🤣