CC's not so fine WINE diary

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Look at this YUCK that benonite pulled out of vintners best fruit watermelon wine base and dropped to the bottom of the craboy. What is that brown colored nasty stuff? I'm so glad I added a step to the directions, to bentonite and cold crash. I sure wouldn't want anyone to be drinking whatever that nasty brown stuff is :sick.
IMG_20190925_154235381.jpg

I'm still not convinced it's clear enough to bottle yet. I'll have to take a sample in a wine glass and hold it up to the light to find out for sure. If its still not clear enough, I'll have to rack it, benonite and cold crash again o_O.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Strange how things come about sometimes. My wife came down with a cold, she has a cough. I bottled her red clover wine last night and had a glass left over, so I took it to her and said try this it should help with your cough. She drank it and said it most definitely did help her cough. This morning she said she got a good nights sleep didn't wakeup coughing at all.

Lots of information to research on the benefits of red clover for ladies.
https://www.google.com/search?q=red+clover+benefits

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My buddy gave me another free cider kit, passion fruit and peach he said ladies like it. My daughter came over and we put it together for the wedding Oct 25. We spiked the gravity a little. It's fermenting like crazy, I guess she has the touch :)
Cider_render_plus_PassionPeach_label_LoRes_960x.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dang... Ladies of our family and friends in for my Father in Law's funeral have put a major dent in my wine cellar. I'm going to have to make some more wine.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I racked the 6 gallons of cranberry wine into my 6 1/2 gallon carboy. It's finished at a gravity of .990 which puts it at 16.2% alcohol by volume. I have about 6 gallons so I should be able to get a little more than 5 gallons of clear for bottling. I guess 3rd times a charm, I'll never try to make wine with dried cranberries again.
IMG_20191006_230640870.jpg

Last edited: