Cecilia's Journal

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Uggh, WHY do they differentiate maternal/parternal leave?! It should not make a difference! New moms should not be stuck at home without support. Major surgery, birth injuries and complications are bad enough, but then add a lack of sleep and newborn care?! Not okay.

DH's business offers paid parental leave before/after birth or adoption. He was one of the freaked out new parents who was like "I'm going to work overtime until baby is 3 years old" but then he ended up working half-days or less and coming home every day at lunch at least to visit. :love

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
so, if it is being considered paternity leave, how long will she get and is it a paid benefit? she could apply and take FMLA as well--it runs concurrently with other leaves, is not paid but she could take up to 12 weeks.
She is taking 5 weeks payed, 3 weeks unpaid.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I went to the doctor this morning. I have an upper respiratory infection and my doctor lectured me about the bio-availability of the vitamin D I was taking. *Ugh* :rolleyes:

He gave me some antibiotics and moved on with this day. So quick!

I'm pushing fluids like a mad woman. I'm on my 7th cup of tea and I have some buttered toast to go with it. Feeling like I'm from downton abbey @Grandmas Porch :gig

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
He should have saved the lecture and ordered a vitamin D blood level if he thought you might not be getting enough. Jeez.
Exactly--sorry you are feeling crummy @Cecilia's-life but hopefully the fluids will help. Rest up and here is to a speedy recovery (hard with kids, I know!)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I went to the doctor this morning. I have an upper respiratory infection and my doctor lectured me about the bio-availability of the vitamin D I was taking. *Ugh* :rolleyes:

He gave me some antibiotics and moved on with this day. So quick!

I'm pushing fluids like a mad woman. I'm on my 7th cup of tea and I have some buttered toast to go with it. Feeling like I'm from downton abbey @Grandmas Porch :gig

this time of the year it's good to take supplements. i think it has a lot of extra benefits including for mental health and immune system. if you're really boosting also make sure to take some K2 with it.