Cecilia's Journal

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
do you have favorite stories you can think about to distract yourself? :) calming stories... beach memories, woodland walks, rivers and water falls, piles of leaves to jump in or walk through and kick up and smell... flowers and grasslands and meadows, birds tweeting...
I wish!! I canā€™t focus on anything else. šŸ˜­

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Iā€™m dying. Slowly but surely.
If you all have not seen the new Disney movie Encanto you need to see it. I bawled like a baby. I canā€™t explain why it hit me so hard but it did. Indescribable comfort.

One word my sweet new momma,,
HORMONES
ITS ONLY BEEN ?? 8 DAYS it is going to take another week or so for your boys to adjust.
You arnt dying,
šŸ§”šŸ’ž šŸ§”

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow! How are they able to do that big of an operation legally?! Thatā€™s incredible.
her dad still helps and they have a gal that helps in the store, and a few dairy hands - they sell a LOT of milk

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thatā€™s the problem, not everyone knows what theyā€™re doing. Or cares. Not everyone tests their herds. Thereā€™s no room for error with raw milk.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I do know it isn't recommended they were snowsuits or coats in their car seats as you can't get them tight or secure enough. Warm blankets are good. And keep the snow stuff in the car just in case.

They will likely just stay in the seats when doing errands for now so you should be good. Next winter will be a different story ;)
Is there any way i could maybe kangaroo pouch them to keep them warmer?

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
in a car seat?
Yes! Like a swaddle, but in a car seat? Probably not very safely.
you can kangaroo pouch them to you if you are outside walking or something-but I would think with how fragile they might be you won't have them out until it is warmer in late winter or early spring. just my thoughts, maybe I am way off base.
How long can I leave them alone to do chores? That might be a ridiculous question.
both my girls were born in July and were not out much their first winter at all-too cold, snowy roads, cold and flus, etc. but then maybe I was crazy :) I do remember the youngest being out more late winter/early spring in a snow suit than the older one but she was 7 months old
Thatā€™s a good idea