Cecilia's Journal

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I don’t even feel like I’m not even allowed to be sad. She was so ready and so at ease. C8F76552-FF45-41D5-BBAF-0C15F1442200.jpeg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Farming has it's losses. But I'll take the loss for the joys it brings me. The joys far outweigh the losses. That's not to say that the losses don't hurt-they certainly do. Some are timely and a relief for the animal, they go peacefully. That's when we know we are doing the right thing.

So sorry that you lost your sweet girl.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
She was never livestock. My chickens are like my children. She was my baby till the end. My little Tony.
That is the way we are. At our house animals fall into 3 categories 1) purpose animals. 2) pets with a purpose (where chickens are-definitely get love and attention daily and 3) indoor pets

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That is the way we are. At our house animals fall into 3 categories 1) purpose animals. 2) pets with a purpose (where chickens are-definitely get love and attention daily and 3) indoor pets
And every single one of them deserve a name on this farm. Regardless of use.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
And every single one of them deserve a name on this farm. Regardless of use.
I had a 3 year old ewe without a name. :eek: I had to assign a couple names this year to fix that situation. IDK that my family will get on board with the couple we've referred to by their numbers. Whoops. (in my defense they were likely culls that got to stay.) There is a sign posted with names, numbers, and ages.

Latest posts