Cecilia's Journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Someday you'll say something like "please don't put your penis on the dining table" 🤣 Adventures await!
She speaks the truth! I was gonna tell a story to illustrate that point - but thought maybe I shouldn't, lol! :hide But, here goes: When our grandson was about 4 he wanted to show us how... um... it grew! And, yes - even at that age. Heck - even as infants! Argh!

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
They are more difficult to potty train than a Beagle puppy. They will drop their pants anywhere outside. When DS6 was younger he would drop his pants to his ankles... anywhere outside. It was difficult to keep clothes on him until he was about 4-1/2 years old. My SIL was very concerned he would take his clothes off during 4 year old Kindergarten. 🤣 One day he ran out of the house buck naked and greeted a delivery driver, as if it was totally normal. 🤣

This is why moms drink wine. 😅😬

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
are the times you'll stand over their crib just to watch them sleep

:lol: because you just can't believe they finally stopped moving, and you are SO RELIEVED that you got them through another day in one piece.

My kids are the best thing in my life, by far. And they made me a much better person.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This..... wanted to turn on the water hose in the sandbox to make mud. The ex told him no. 30 minutes later he came naked into house caked in mud. She asked if he turned on the hose. He said he made his own mud without the hose.

Or when he nearly burnt down the garden by playing with sticks from the hot fire pit and the dried grass mulch.

@Cecilia's-life not trying to scare you. Lolol. Embrace the coming zaniness
Uhhhhh- do y’all drug your kids with crack? 😅 I’m going to need all the bourbon in the world 🤣

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Well I don't have any boy names picked out! our last name is Romano. Help? :hide
How you pick names depends on your values.

I have been traditional about picking my kids names.

There is a small cluster of male names that correlate with financial success. My ex and I used that list cross-referenced with family names to pick a first name. Middle name is in both sides of family tree.

Younger kiddo DH picked a modern version of his dad's middle name and his dad's first name is middle name. I found kiddo's first name in my family tree, waaasy back, so that made me happy.

Non-gendered names are a trend now, and that's something I would strongly consider. I am strongly opposed to gendering young children. They have biological sex, but that doesnt need to dictate their preferences. When my younger son wanted a hot pink Trolls shirt from the girls section, he got it. (I have never seen him want anything so strongly before or since, it was adorable 😍) and when my older son teased him for it, I bought him a lavender shirt. Lavender is now his favorite shirt color - it looks good on him. 🤷‍♀️

Sorry-not-sorry for the rant, but I vote for a name that aligns with your values and your vision for your son.