Cecilia's Journal

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The one thing I won't do is sell a problem animal.
Same here. I know the little call ducks aren't friendly and don't truly fit our lifestyle, but they bring me so much joy I could never let them go. I'm going to try to hatch some more this year, first time hatching ever... :fl

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have my favorites. They stay. I will sell sheep that I am proud of to individuals. Not proud of goes to slaughter. Nice, but I already have better sheep go to auction.

I had to sell my horses. :hit There won't be room for them. but they got great homes, so I am happy for that. I never did a lot of horse trading. I've had quite a few, but I never did have the Horse of the Week and next week had a different one. I knew people like that.

I raised a steer last winter, he went to freezer camp. I have raised pigs every year since we moved here, they went to that fabulous pig resort, Camp Maytag.

I've raised meat chickens. I raised animals for us to eat, sell the meat and give to my DD and family.

If an animal doesn't fit in, I give them every chance. But sometimes they just gotta go. I had a nice Paint mare. BUT she was jealous of Joe and went out of her way to pick on him. He was terrified of her, she was that mean to him. A man visiting neighbors admired her one day and I sold her to him. Cardinal Sin-beating up on my Joe.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Took the dog for a walk most beautiful fall leaves were all around me!
image.jpg

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I’ve called about 100 people today. This is crazy town. My midwife is totally on board with delivering twins at home, the ER will have to be on call though. 😕
I’m now taking prenatal vitamins, iron supplements, multivitamin, A calcium supplement, and vitamin C gummies. Alongside all of my prescriptions. To a grand total offff 6 different medications!! I guess I was pretty malnourished. Oops!
My mom is trying to get me to change my mind and have a birth at the hospital. My dad is ecstatic, as usual.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well... the nice thing about twins is they tend to be smaller, so easier to birth. ;)

You just need a midwife who is experienced in this sort of thing, and can untangle them if needed.

When is your due date? And how far along are you now? 20 weeks?
19 weeks on Monday. Dude date is February 22. Hopefully I don’t go any farther! My midwife is in her 70’s. She’s been through it all. Tiny babies will be easier! I do need to eat more though… that reminds me, snack time.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You won today 😆 The mental image is awesome 😆 Not fun in the moment, I can imagine! I think I would have waited rather than ask a neighbor for help, but I am stupid like that 😆
I was scared if I didn’t call him the mice would climb on my back 🤮. They are EVERYWHERE, but I feel bad for them because they’re just hungry 🥺