Cecilia's Journal

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I do have apples… Waldorf sounds so familiar. What kind of yogurt?

whole milk yogurt is all i really like now. i mix up the yogurt, spices and lemon juice and then mix in the apples as i cut them up so they don't get brown. maraschino cherries are a nice addition if you can get them.

mayo was the common sauce and no spices, when i was growing up, but instead of plain mayo we had Miracle Whip (i didn't know there was other mayo for many years as a kid) and i liked the zing in that.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
was a staple at any family potluck gathering I can remember growing up. Our family uses mayo instead of yogurt, but I would think plain or vanilla would be fine. It isn't supposed to be an overly sweet dish

i love vanilla but cannot enjoy it in yogurt for some reason. i love custards so vanilla is always a key ingredient and if we can find some really good vanillas they make the dish so special.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The thought of mayo and fruit makes me very queezy.

yogurt works well enough, it's just not the same thing though if you grew up with the other versions first. i adapted it to yogurt and lemon juice and spices when i was on a vegetarian mostly diet for several years and i was eating a lot of apples and walnuts.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Mandatory check in: Babies are growing strong and healthy. I hope they can come home soon. House feels empty without them in it.

Cows are slowly being dried off, taking to it well. Usually they put up a fight.

It’s really windy here. Tomorrow’s forecast is -2*F. Yay?

Made lots of food today. I made those nursing cookies you all suggested as I noticed my supply is dwindling a bit. I think I’m just sore.

The mozzarella is still good, I’m trying to see how long it will take for it to turn.

I put some dog hair in with the ducks tonight to try and help them stay toasty. Hope that doesn’t backfire.

Gianna goes back to school tomorrow 😕. Until the kids come home she’s not allowed maternity leave. I’m going to be soooo bored.

Made some espresso for the first time in a while at 8:00. It’s crazy waking up that early! I’ve lost all sense of routine since having the babies. I’m trying but oof 😅.

Went grocery shopping today! That was pretty impressive. Got to see humanity again. Still as depressing as ever. 🤣