Cecilia's Journal

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Can I ask how? I would like to pay tribute to my dad but if i don't know his last name how should i go about it? Use my non- biological grandparents?
Biological family is overrated. Family are the people who support you unconditionally. My niece is named for non-biological family. 💓

I have a random name my parents liked the sound of. Its... weird to have a name just because sounds nice. 😅 a name that honors someone - even not family - makes more sense to my traditional mind.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Can I ask how? I would like to pay tribute to my dad but if i don't know his last name how should i go about it? Use my non- biological grandparents?
If you know he is genetically from Sicily, then I think any name traditionally used in Sicily would honor him.

I just typed in "list Sicilian names" and this web page came up, but I am sure there are many more.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I really like Giovi meaning "father". Giovi James Romano ❤️

don't be surprised if he ends up with a nickname like Gooey... (all this cheese talk has cheese on my brain :) ).

my own current name is a nickname that i like much better than my given name. i have not legally changed it yet but i will once my parents are gone. i haven't used my given name regularly since i was about 13yrs old. my brother gave me the nickname and i like it much better. :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
don't be surprised if he ends up with a nickname like Gooey.
🤣

DS6's nicknames are Boo, brcause when he was a baby I said Boo and he smiled, and would smile every time I said Boo 😍 and Bear Butt because of the cutest jammies he had when he was crawling with a bear face on the butt. Then Boo-Bear has been his nickname for 4+ years. It has morphed into Booberry now.

Heck, why bother picking a name at all? 🤣

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
🤣

DS6's nicknames are Boo, brcause when he was a baby I said Boo and he smiled, and would smile every time I said Boo 😍 and Bear Butt because of the cutest jammies he had when he was crawling with a bear face on the butt. Then Boo-Bear has been his nickname for 4+ years. It has morphed into Booberry now.

Heck, why bother picking a name at all? 🤣

yeah! :)

we're all over the place too with names here. right before bed i call Mom Princess Petunia and she calls me her Little Sprouter.