Cecilia's Journal

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I can’t sleep. My head is all over the place right now. Brace yourself.

We’re having twins. I don’t know how baby B was missed. I’ve had 3 ultrasounds. I’m in shock right now. I’m not sure how this will change my birth plan. I’m devastated. It was supposed to be simple anatomy with a new doctor. He looked at me and said “Baby B is measuring nicely as well!” We were taken completely off guard. A boy and a girl. I’m thrilled and terrified and sad and angry all wrapped up in a nice little bow. They are surprisingly both healthy despite me not intaking enough protein for twins. I knew I had an extremely high chance but I just figured I’d be fine. I’d be the exception. This changes lots of future plans, I was so hoping to adopt the next baby. But 2 is my limit. Now I have to start an entirely different routine in terms of my food and water intake. I dearly hope I can still have my home birth. Pray for me y’all. I’m so scared. Joyful too.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I can’t sleep. My head is all over the place right now. Brace yourself.

We’re having twins. I don’t know how baby B was missed. I’ve had 3 ultrasounds. I’m in shock right now. I’m not sure how this will change my birth plan. I’m devastated. It was supposed to be simple anatomy with a new doctor. He looked at me and said “Baby B is measuring nicely as well!” We were taken completely off guard. A boy and a girl. I’m thrilled and terrified and sad and angry all wrapped up in a nice little bow. They are surprisingly both healthy despite me not intaking enough protein for twins. I knew I had an extremely high chance but I just figured I’d be fine. I’d be the exception. This changes lots of future plans, I was so hoping to adopt the next baby. But 2 is my limit. Now I have to start an entirely different routine in terms of my food and water intake. I dearly hope I can still have my home birth. Pray for me y’all. I’m so scared. Joyful too.
Wow! You'll do just fine! Life is amazing

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Congrats on your new discovery and condolences for the plans that are now changing drastically. But, a little girl too! And as was previously mentioned - time to pick a girl name!

When my daughter found herself pregnant 8 weeks after delivering her first child she was in that same "shocked" place you find yourself. It does change your plans, but I hope that this is a pure blessing for you. I've always thought that mother's of twins are very special people - they kinda have to be, lol. Ya'll can do this!