Cecilia's Journal

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Officially 23 weeks pregnant! Babies are the size of large eggplants and weigh about a pound each! My 22 week cravings were soup and Reuben sandwiches.

On the docket for today:
First I’m taking a bath. I deserve it.
Dad and I set up the ducks for winter. They are very happy.
Cows need to be moved closer to the house for winter. Daffodil needs to stop latching onto her aunt before I lose my mind!
Last but not least I need to start doing my hip stretches the midwife prescribed.
The wife has teacher in-service and won’t be home until late tonight.
Mom and I are practically done with the nursery!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Officially 23 weeks pregnant! Babies are the size of large eggplants and weigh about a pound each! My 22 week cravings were soup and Reuben sandwiches.

On the docket for today:
First I’m taking a bath. I deserve it.
Dad and I set up the ducks for winter. They are very happy.
Cows need to be moved closer to the house for winter. Daffodil needs to stop latching onto her aunt before I lose my mind!
Last but not least I need to start doing my hip stretches the midwife prescribed.
The wife has teacher in-service and won’t be home until late tonight.
Mom and I are practically done with the nursery!
Woo-hoo! Lots of progress!

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My wife called me yesterday asking if I could speak to one of her students who just found out she is also pregnant. I am starting to wonder how much of my involvement with the school is actually allowed. I’m going to call the principal today.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My wife called me yesterday asking if I could speak to one of her students who just found out she is also pregnant. I am starting to wonder how much of my involvement with the school is actually allowed. I’m going to call the principal today.
I would think that there would be some parameters around it. Maybe you could be a volunteer and get registered with the school/district just so you are in their records in case a parent contacts the school. Also, I would think a background check would be needed, as that is a standard practice.

Depending on your church's rules and where this student attends church (if they do that is), then you could be a mentor via that avenue.

I have worked at a church and volunteered at both DD's schools both required some sort of background check and/or safe adult training

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Private school right? In public school she’d probably be written up for talking to you about a student’s private medical information. Definitely be cautious with that situation, but I’m a jaded ex public school teacher 🤣
Even private school, DD7 goes to private school and I had to do a background check and do a safe training online just to go on a field trip