Cellphones

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am completely leashed and chose it. I lived without cell/tv/internet, been there, chose not to do it again!!

I have a fancy phone that does fancy things, how else do you think I do sufficient self??

Payphone...? What's that...? ;) Most businesses these days will let you use theirs for an emergency. The other day I had to call AAA and punch in his info for a guy that got two flat tires.

Homemaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My husband doesn't have a cell phone. When his students find out that usually freak out. :lol: I have a prepaid cell that we use when we go on vacation. Other then that it's my alarm clock.

CJW

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am actually thinking about getting a pre-paid phone to leave at the house to use for emergencies. We have 2 young boys and whenever I am out doing something outside, I feel as though I need to make sure they have access to a phone, in case I fall and break my leg or something and crush my phone. I think about that often. (Like if I am up on the roof...where is the phone...will they remember who to call, our address, etc.)

I will have to see if it will be worth it. I can't remember how much it costs for a year's worth of service. We could add a line to our phones, but then we would have to extend the contract. It is almost up, and I don't want to be tied to it.

Both my husband and I have cells and no land line. His boss pays for part of his bill since he uses it for work, and he will text a couple of his friends-Mostly because the microphone is broken and he has to use a blue tooth that is about 5 years old. It doesn't have a long battery life, so he leaves it off, then turns it on when he gets a call. Its like I am calling Europe in the 80s...Ring Ring...Long pause.......... Hello?

AT&T is taking over our contract from Alltel, so we will both be getting new phones. He is trying to hold out until March. I might get him a new blue tooth since it should be compatible with his new phone as well, and he needs to be hands free when he is working.

I like my phone. I use it more than some people, but not nearly as much as some who are younger than me. :)

I check weather, email, fb, and news sites. I will read the headlines before bed. (I am odd-I need brain stimulation before I go to bed!) I use the web browser to check ingredients in foods when I am shopping or what I need for a recipe, and I keep lists in there with things I need to look for at thrift stores or yard sales. Or gifts for my MIL that she mentions she would like to have one day.

I use the phone to take pictures of things I need or want, but can't get at the moment. Or if I need to do research on an item. I do take photos of the kids and such, but they are of such poor quality, I try not to.

I also have a GPS on my phone and I enjoy going geocaching with the kids.