Cheap Tires?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I've bought used tires before with great results! They last just as long as the new ones, it seems. Most are barely worn and I've bought some with the little nubbies still on the tire. Its worth it to get through a tight spot until you can get new ones next time.

I'm lucky that I have a little Mayberry-type Exxon in the next town where the prices are the best I've found.....and the guys are definitely worth the trip~just like Mayberry RFD! Old building, old men sitting around shooting the breeze, service with a smile and a joke and good work, honest prices. Blessings for a single woman!
Our little Mayberry gas station is at the intersection on my main road...not far from the house.
I stop there for all the fast trips and YUP, they have the bench in front with the old timers hanging out. Nicole loves to stop in and chat with Johnny......they just tear each other up..HA HA HA

I am glad I have that also. Most of that old time feeling is sure leaving but I have it also...cool!!!!

My mechanic is the local guy down the road...gets the parts from salvage when he can and cost is low.....my kind of local guy!!!!
Again, so many don't have that option. I sure like where I live!!!

GoddessDanu

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well, my husband called around looking for 32s (what we have on our Burban right now) and finally someone told him that 33s are more common and therefore less expensive. He found a Sears in a town about an hour away from us that will sell us a full set of brand new 33s, installed and everything, for $507. We're just going to bite the bullet and go for it.

I really appreciate everyone's help and input. :)

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
dont buy retreads, my dad got them twice for the farm equipment and twice they fell apart. My son got his at the junk yard, nearly new. So did my friends brother. New car, new tires, car totaled, tires $10 each.

GoddessDanu

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Better Half said:
Try America's Tires. http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/home.do That's where I get mine. They guarantee to have the lowest price. They are about $5 less than Costco. Much less than Sears. I believe there are Tire Factory's in your area but their website is down right now.
DH checked this website out last night. We can get a set of 31s shipped free for $440. Amazing! Thanks for this!

Latest posts