Chia . . . what???!!!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Oh, I agree, FarmerChick . . . and all those other gag gift venues don't seem to bother me as much as this Chia thing. Maybe it is uniquely disturbing to me for some reason? :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
HA HA HA

Chia is creepy anyway...HA HA HA

Just the creepy hair on Chia is weird..:lol:

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch one with an Ove Glove! :gig

(Ove Gloves are made by the same company that makes Chia Pets).

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OH YES---all the walgreens, rite-aid and CVS stores gift aisle presents...LOL

I love hitting those stores after Christmas. Those drug stores literally give their stuff away fast---I hit 80% off on all those gifts and items---but NOT ONCE have I bought a Chia or Ove Glove..HA HA HA

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Of course it is tacky. Most political "gifts" are tacky. Just like the Clinton cork screw, the Dubya toilet brush, any politician toilet paper, the Hilary Nutcracker, the Thurgood Marshall replacement cork and the Yes we can opener. Corny, tacky & tasteless.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
noobiechickenlady said:
Of course it is tacky. Most political "gifts" are tacky. Just like the Clinton cork screw, the Dubya toilet brush, any politician toilet paper, the Hilary Nutcracker, the Thurgood Marshall replacement cork and the Yes we can opener. Corny, tacky & tasteless.
I want every one of those items in my Christmas stocking this year Noobie!!! :lol:

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Wait! I will hang an Ove Glove on the mantel at my house, with your name on it BBH, and we will see how many of those items we can fill it with. ;)

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:lol:
That's it, DM! And on the mantle above it, Big Mouth Billy Bass, the singing fish. Or the animated deer head, whichever would fit with your decor.
Gee why do we love corny, tasky & tasteless so much??? :lol:

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Gee . . . I think the deer head would fit our decor better. :p :lol:

You know, now that I think about it . . . maybe I could use those chia obamas, as decoration on our deck steps. I could have a matching pair . . . kind of like two stone lions, ya know? :p I could lather the head up with some fresh duck "fertilizer" and sprinkle some seeds liberally on top. Um . . . :hide