Chit Chat instead of lurk thread!!

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Pam,

I had a couple of white Jersey Giants but they turned into roosters.

kaycei

Power Conserver
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
:lol:

You didn't notice it wasn't there?
I finished reading it and didn't go looking for it again yet. I'm reading fantasy fiction for my bus reading right now. Plus, a Burpees Seed catalog and a few magazines from my office manager called "Mary Janes Garden" and no, its not about THAT mary jane.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
Pam,

I had a couple of white Jersey Giants but they turned into roosters.
If you are ever interested in black ones let me know. This is the first time I have had BJGs and I really like them! We plan on hatching at least 100 of them this year. Sell the pullets and put the roos in the freezer.

kaycei

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I don't know. I forgot to ask her about it after the first day back. I'll try and remember next time I see her.
I did talk to my boss about the co-op we went too. I think he was disappointed that I didn't like it more. I tried to explain that we were on the search for the great Wisconsin cheese, and I think its blasphemy that the best WI cheese selection I can find in my area is at the Mall of America.

dacjohns

Reaction score
Right now I'm good for chickens. Have 31 birds, 4 of them roos, 3 Easter Eggers, a bunch of light Brahmas, a bunch of black somethings, some old hens, and about 11 mutts. The mutts are the best layers.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Do silkies do good in cold weather?

dacjohns

Reaction score
We went to a store in Ogden that was a lot like the co-op. Not real impressive. You have to shop around and then you still get the big producers. Like Trader Joes, it is nice but not much local stuff.