Chit Chat instead of lurk thread!!

kaycei

Power Conserver
Reaction score
You need to move the property closer to me so I can enjoy it more than once a year. It's been almost two years now since I've been down there. I think chickens would be cool, but I recognize that it's way to much work, and I wonder how they'd stay warm enough through the winter.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I don't know much about Silkies. Perfectly Polish and Purple Chicken raise Silkies and they are in New England.

dacjohns

Reaction score
Kaycei, Chickens would do fine where you are as long as they had an insulated coop and a heat lamp. Some people would say you don't need a heat lamp.

Talk to roosmom, I think she is in the UP and has chickens.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
BJGs are supposed to be very cold hardy. I have not had any trouble with the cold and mine. It has been down in the teens several nights in a row this winter.

kaycei

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Dac, what's the latest on the water leak?

dacjohns

Reaction score
The water leak has not been found. Maybe we will start digging tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

Right now it is turn the water off at night and then turn it on for showers, dishes, and laundry. Then turn it off again. It is a pain but at least we have running water.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Night everyone! Laying around all day seems to make me tired! Chat tomorrow!

kaycei

Power Conserver
Reaction score
And the water main is at the start of the driveway, right? That's a lot of digging.