Chocolate Formula!?!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
dntd said:
My babies/toddlers got organic homemade foods, but my last child went on a hunger strike as a toddler ans I was told to put her on the toddler drink, I then started to buy her pedisure. Of course normal foods are best but when your kid eats just a grape for the whole day..........
:hugs I get it, I had one of those too. He still has his days that I swear he lives on air. Our kids don't make it easy on us do they?
I'm sorry you felt hurt as well. :(

LauraJean

Power Conserver
Reaction score
freemotion said:
dntd, we didn't mean to hurt you. Really. Our outrage is against the manufacturers and any authority who recommends such stuff. They are VERY capable of making supplements and toddler formulas that are healthy. But they don't.
Ditto for me. That's exactly what I was disgusted at.

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
dntd said:
My babies/toddlers got organic homemade foods, but my last child went on a hunger strike as a toddler ans I was told to put her on the toddler drink, I then started to buy her pedisure. Of course normal foods are best but when your kid eats just a grape for the whole day..........
This is the scenario these companies prey on. Too bad they can't (I mean won't) give you better choices.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
freemotion said:
dntd, we didn't mean to hurt you. :hugs Really. Our outrage is against the manufacturers and any authority who recommends such stuff. They are VERY capable of making supplements and toddler formulas that are healthy. But they don't.

Many of us are living proof that one can survive a diet of non-food and garbage. I am a living testimony to the marvels of the human body to survive such things as trans fats, MSG, and diet coke! :rolleyes: All served on white bread! So I, for one, was not pointing fingers at you or any other mom....but at those who tell us that this is healthy stuff. And we believe it....until our eyes are opened by reading stuff like this forum. I ate nothing but stuff with similar labeling for most of my life. And was fed much of it by my mom, who is a very smart lady.

So accept my apology for any (unintended) insult to you.
Ditto! And demand may, might possibly make those manufacturer's supply the healthy formulas. Any moms out there who have no clue, who feed this stuff not out of sheer necessity, but because the peditrician said it was healthy, who then learn better will demand it! If they get riled up enough :)

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
researching manufactured baby formulas/foods is one of the quickest ways to make me want to punch someone. i don't even have kids and it makes my skin crawl. when my sister was pregnant and we were looking at various formulas- since she refused to breastfeed no matter how much i tried to convince her (we are VERY different)- i insisted that she find one that was soy free. our mom and i both suffer from pretty severe thyroid problems, which are hereditary but can also be brought on by reactions to soy, and i didn't want my niece starting out life addicted to soy.

long story short, there is NO SUCH THING as a commercial infant formula that doesn't contain soy. none. not even the good organic ones are soy free. the ONLY way to get soy free formula for your baby without breastfeeding is to make your own. and since there is a concern about allergies with animal milks, you have to make it with crazy ingredients.

needless to say, my sister ignored me and went with a soy based formula. it makes me furious every time i have to make her a bottle. parents deserve better, healthier options for their kids. some people physically can't breastfeed or, like dntd, must supplement their child's diet for one reason or another. these companies should be held accountable for the bad habits and health problems they force on children at such a young age.

edited to clarify

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
What about goat's miIk? :hu

(Yes, stiII having computer AND keyboard issues :rolleyes: ...just Iimping aIong here, pIease forgive...)

Anyway, I gave my daughter straight up goat's miIk when I had to take a break in nursing (I was sick and needed medicine). She did just fine with it, my mid-wife suggested it.

BB I Ient my NT book to a dear friend, or eIse I wouId confirm Iiver or not in the formuIa.

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
What about goat's miIk? :hu
yeah, that's too "weird" for her too. basically, anything that didn't come from Wal-Mart just wasn't going to happen. like i said, we are VERY different.

if it were my child, i'd be pumping that goat dry before i bought Enfamil...