Chocolate Formula!?!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
bibliophile birds said:
long story short, there is NO SUCH THING as a commercial infant formula that doesn't contain soy. none. not even the good organic ones are soy free. the ONLY way to get soy free formula for your baby without breastfeeding is to make your own. and since there is a concern about allergies with animal milks, you have to make it with crazy ingredients.
edited to clarify
Not to split a hair... but there are soy-based formulas available by prescription. Probably crazy-expensive. :)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
bibliophile birds said:
big brown horse said:
What about goat's miIk? :hu
yeah, that's too "weird" for her too. basically, anything that didn't come from Wal-Mart just wasn't going to happen. like i said, we are VERY different.

if it were my child, i'd be pumping that goat dry before i bought Enfamil...
BeIieve it or not, you CAN get goat's miIk at the grocery store and aIso at WaImart. It is pasteurized though. Anyway, it is made by "Meyersons" I think. :) Comes in a carton and doesn't even Iook/smeII any different other than the price...WOW! Not cheap! Not sure if she wouId want to spend 4 bucks for a quart though. :/

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I beg to differ that the store bought goats milk doesn't taste different. I coughed up the money once to buy some. I literally could not force myself to drink it, it was so nasty (narsty? :) )

But I too was thinking that goat's milk would be a good breast-milk substitute for babies.

As for the chocolate formula, it's just gearing them up to drink chocolate milk in school every day, so what's the problem?

;)

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
bibliophile birds said:
big brown horse said:
What about goat's miIk? :hu
yeah, that's too "weird" for her too. basically, anything that didn't come from Wal-Mart just wasn't going to happen. like i said, we are VERY different.

if it were my child, i'd be pumping that goat dry before i bought Enfamil...
BeIieve it or not, you CAN get goat's miIk at the grocery store and aIso at WaImart. It is pasteurized though. Anyway, it is made by "Meyersons" I think. :) Comes in a carton and doesn't even Iook/smeII any different other than the price...WOW! Not cheap! Not sure if she wouId want to spend 4 bucks for a quart though. :/
See it tasted goaty to us, we actually found some in a not often visted walmart about an hour away. I guess because it's pasturized or something. Fresh tastes great.
But for formula, that is what my BF's son was raised on when her milk dried up. He was allergic to every formula they tried, so her mother (old skool lady!) suggested goat milk. He grew that first 2 years fat, happy, smart as heck & allergy free.

Good to see you still here BBH, I was wondering about you yesterday :)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I've had great goats' milk and nasty goats' milk. I think the nasty stuff came from a farm where there were bucks too close by? At least that's what I've heard. Nasty goats' milk is nasty! I almost wouldn't try it again. Glad I got over that!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Hi NCL!

Still here! Just suffering with major computer issues...I get to use the good one during central business hour's lunch time and after hours. (Funny how much I get done lately!!! :lol: )

Anyhoo, I'm re-reading Little Heathens and they talked about a neighbor "getting a goat" so they could feed an orphaned baby back during the depression. It is just what they did back then.