Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I only did leather sewing for costumes, dice bags, and small things. Helped out on the knife sheaths a few times, but hubby did that more. I had a good little thing going on the dice bags for sale. I'd gotten some deer and elk leather cheap and it was a big hit.

Yes, leather needles are triangular and sharp. Machine ones can be sharpened as well.

Screenshot_20221028-224954_Amazon Shopping.jpg

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My current victim...

I deglazed it. I plan to dye it with rit dye-more so the synthetic lining will match.View attachment 20895
Victim indeed! 😲 I followed dye instructions... 🤦‍♀️ instead of using my brain. Dye bath 200 degrees... leather shrinks at 150 degrees :gig. Beautiful color, but its like rawhide now 🤦‍♀️🤣 thank goodness I started on this one I didnt care about much and not the nice leather blazer!

Uff! All the prep went fabulous. Ink stain removed, deglazed, washed out a fantastic amount of cigarette smoke residue. Could been a good one. It was $10 due to stains, thankful it wasnt a large loss.

Now I have a pot of dye, so I'm looking for my next victim. 🤷‍♀️ maybe the cream leather blazer. It just needs a thorough wash, buttons replaced, dye optional.

Latest posts