Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yes. Just trees getting knocked down yesterday.

Was off for about 5 hours the second time. That one was actually on our street.

the power outage for us the other evening was only us which is strange to me considering the run of wires goes on to the south of us and also to the west and the fault was actually nearly a half mile to the north of us. so i don't really understand this utility wiring scheme...

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How tall red clover can get. 29 inches measured there. About an inch was underground. It can get even taller here. That's from a plant that only grew since end of September. I know many people think it's a very short plant that doesnt need mowing. It's short because it's mowed. Doesn't get tall in the "yard" area.

20240605_160504.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
How tall red clover can get. 29 inches measured there. About an inch was underground. It can get even taller here. That's from a plant that only grew since end of September. I know many people think it's a very short plant that doesnt need mowing. It's short because it's mowed. Doesn't get tall in the "yard" area.

View attachment 26457

it grows quite tall here, but there are also many different kinds of clovers and then other plants too which you think are clovers but might not be them after all, etc.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
it grows quite tall here, but there are also many different kinds of clovers and then other plants too which you think are clovers but might not be them after all, etc.

This stuff makes itself obvious on height if Im late starting to mow at the beginning of the year. We have white clover, birdsfoot trefoil and little trefoil as well. Plus field vetch, which is annoying when it goes to seed.

Also have another hemlock look-a-like to go with the queen Anne's lace and hemlock. Chervil showed up and is growing by the layer pen.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here, the vetch is welcome! Great pasture forage. I seed it and the goats eat it. High protein and early spring growth. I have a lot of clover...most white but some red & purple. Dandelion & plantains are good in pastures but, I actually have to collect seed and overseed those in the fall --- goat candy! 😂 My pastures are full of "weeds". I also toss things like turnip a Australian peas. Deer are happy with me 😞🥴

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

View attachment 26457
We have a little of that "tall" red clover also. I like seeing it and the moo crew likes eating it 😋

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here, the vetch is welcome! Great pasture forage. I seed it and the goats eat it. High protein and early spring growth. I have a lot of clover...most white but some red & purple. Dandelion & plantains are good in pastures but, I actually have to collect seed and overseed those in the fall --- goat candy! 😂 My pastures are full of "weeds". I also toss things like turnip a Australian peas. Deer are happy with me 😞🥴
Just curious... is there really anything considered a weed in a goat pasture? I've never raised goats but been around them enough to have my shirt try and get eaten 🐐

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️