Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Today I’ve got school, a baby chick to take care of (mom hatched it, now I need to get better shelter for the snow coming in), goats need hay wall loaded, I should also run a couple loads of laundry. It’s supposed to start freezing rain soon and probably snow tomorrow, again. I’m still sick from last Sunday too, I guess the bug managed to catch over here. Well good not-so-early morning.
Hope the reconciliation and moving and children and moo-moos are going well for everybody.
I’m getting some coffee now, enjoy yours.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Today I’ve got school, a baby chick to take care of (mom hatched it, now I need to get better shelter for the snow coming in), goats need hay wall loaded, I should also run a couple loads of laundry. It’s supposed to start freezing rain soon and probably snow tomorrow, again. I’m still sick from last Sunday too, I guess the bug managed to catch over here. Well good not-so-early morning.
Hope the reconciliation and moving and children and moo-moos are going well for everybody.
I’m getting some coffee now, enjoy yours.

take care of yourself! so many people sick here still. over the hump but on the way down.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My wife's girls seen me from the back of the pasture, It was a stampede to come say Hey at the bulk feeder, I didn't even ring the bell. Since I've been feeding them they might think I'm my wife? My wife has them eating out of her hand, she sweet talks them and prays over them and pats them. They are perhaps the best treated cattle I've ever seen. She even has my steers eating out of her hand. She has her ways...
IMG_20220128_142127937_HDR.jpg

Last Saturday early morning my wife, had her rottweiler out without his pinch collar or vest on, just this regular collar. He seen a rabbit and pulled my wife over. My granddaughters came and got me. I found her laying on her side, crying, still clutching his lease. She said she had the wind knocked out of her. Got up and seemed ok.

But the pain in her chest kept getting worse. By Wednesday it was so bad she could hardly move and could only breath shallowly. So she had my favorite daughter in-law take her to the emergency room. They did an x-ray and she had one fractured rib. But the x-ray also showed a "mass" in the upper part of her lung.

She got a little scared and texted me, told me she needed me. I hit my knees in prayer, then I drove to the emergency room as fast as I could get there. They did a CT scan and after a few hours it came back with no abnormalities, they even double checked both the x-ray and CT scan. The emergency room doctor said it's the strangest thing. The mass is clearly on the x-ray, but not on the CT scan. The doctor discounted it as a x-ray abnormality. They can call it whatever they want. I say Thank You Almighty for answering my prayer \o/. The doctor gave her a shot in her butt of something that eased the pain and inflammation, she's is doing a lot better now both pain and breathing wise.

But I'm still taking care of my honey, doing what she asks without trying to be overly burdensome. Poor girl is having to sleep in my lay-z-boy upright because it hurts too much to lay down in bed.

I've been married to her for 36,000 years. I think I can handle several weeks of taking care of her, done it before, will do it again, I got this without a problem. The ER doctor said it's about 6 weeks for a fractured rib to heal. My younger grand daughter said Bear is grounded for 100 years for hurting Grandma, a childs love is absolutely precious.

I just 0thought about thinning out the rabbit population a little, there a number of them around. But my wife likes having them around. She feeds them table scraps when she gives the chickens table scraps. I seen her on several occasions "accidentally" drop some table scraps outside the fenced in chicken yard. And yep the rabbits flock to it soon after she leaves. I can watch them out the window. I haven't said a word to her about feeding the rabbits, because she has her ways... I don't understand her ways... But she sure does have them with animals. it's true rabbis are delicious and all, but It's not like we need them for food, not at this time anyways. So I guess I'll just let the be for now, since she enjoys them so much and they do a great job of taking care of themselves.

I really can't wait until she discovers the cubby of quail that comes up to the turkey pen and right through the fence and eats a little allflock along with the turkeys and ducks after she feeds and waters them every evening. I know she's seen them but she hasn't asked me what they are yet. I highly doubt she knows what the are, but you can't miss the "bob white" call they make.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@CrealCritter Your wife really reminds me of my grandma. The absolute sweetest woman in this world. I just love that she is generous enough to feed this little bunny rabbits.

I’m real sorry about that broken rib though. Those are very painful. I think you preformed a miracle with that x-ray.
I learned about that after I was confirmed. That you received these 7 gifts but some people are better than others. Maybe you have the charism of healing.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Hope this is not an indication of my weekend. Puttering in the kitchen, opening a can of tuna for the clowder (they share one can per week, helps with their coats). Long story short. Open tuna can, floor, upside down, huge mess.

Coffee is not ready yet

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My wife's girls seen me from the back of the pasture, It was a stampede to come say Hey at the bulk feeder, I didn't even ring the bell. Since I've been feeding them they might think I'm my wife? My wife has them eating out of her hand, she sweet talks them and prays over them and pats them. They are perhaps the best treated cattle I've ever seen. She even has my steers eating out of her hand. She has her ways...
View attachment 18194

Last Saturday early morning my wife, had her rottweiler out without his pinch collar or vest on, just this regular collar. He seen a rabbit and pulled my wife over. My granddaughters came and got me. I found her laying on her side, crying, still clutching his lease. She said she had the wind knocked out of her. Got up and seemed ok.

But the pain in her chest kept getting worse. By Wednesday it was so bad she could hardly move and could only breath shallowly. So she had my favorite daughter in-law take her to the emergency room. They did an x-ray and she had one fractured rib. But the x-ray also showed a "mass" in the upper part of her lung.

She got a little scared and texted me, told me she needed me. I hit my knees in prayer, then I drove to the emergency room as fast as I could get there. They did a CT scan and after a few hours it came back with no abnormalities, they even double checked both the x-ray and CT scan. The emergency room doctor said it's the strangest thing. The mass is clearly on the x-ray, but not on the CT scan. The doctor discounted it as a x-ray abnormality. They can call it whatever they want. I say Thank You Almighty for answering my prayer \o/. The doctor gave her a shot in her butt of something that eased the pain and inflammation, she's is doing a lot better now both pain and breathing wise.

But I'm still taking care of my honey, doing what she asks without trying to be overly burdensome. Poor girl is having to sleep in my lay-z-boy upright because it hurts too much to lay down in bed.

I've been married to her for 36,000 years. I think I can handle several weeks of taking care of her, done it before, will do it again, I got this without a problem. The ER doctor said it's about 6 weeks for a fractured rib to heal. My younger grand daughter said Bear is grounded for 100 years for hurting Grandma, a childs love is absolutely precious.

I just 0thought about thinning out the rabbit population a little, there a number of them around. But my wife likes having them around. She feeds them table scraps when she gives the chickens table scraps. I seen her on several occasions "accidentally" drop some table scraps outside the fenced in chicken yard. And yep the rabbits flock to it soon after she leaves. I can watch them out the window. I haven't said a word to her about feeding the rabbits, because she has her ways... I don't understand her ways... But she sure does have them with animals. it's true rabbis are delicious and all, but It's not like we need them for food, not at this time anyways. So I guess I'll just let the be for now, since she enjoys them so much and they do a great job of taking care of themselves.

I really can't wait until she discovers the cubby of quail that comes up to the turkey pen and right through the fence and eats a little allflock along with the turkeys and ducks after she feeds and waters them every evening. I know she's seen them but she hasn't asked me what they are yet. I highly doubt she knows what the are, but you can't miss the "bob white" call they make.

Remember, there are things that have been brought about by prayer that never would have been without.- Elizabeth Elliot
Praise the Lord!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Remember, there are things that have been brought about by prayer that never would have been without.- Elizabeth Elliot
Praise the Lord!
I do believe this to be true 👍

Mathew 18:18 ~ 22

@CrealCritter Your wife really reminds me of my grandma. The absolute sweetest woman in this world. I just love that she is generous enough to feed this little bunny rabbits.

I’m real sorry about that broken rib though. Those are very painful. I think you preformed a miracle with that x-ray.
I learned about that after I was confirmed. That you received these 7 gifts but some people are better than others. Maybe you have the charism of healing.

Not me, It's Almighty 👆Thank You, Good God Almighty.

She takes her job of tending to the farm animals very seriously.
Screenshot_20220129-143331~2.png

Last edited: