Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sunrise is coming earlier and earlier, means warm weather is soon coming but also means I need to get up earlier to let out the chickens so no sleeping in here. The rest of the house is quiet though, so a glass of water and cup of coffee by my side and I get to 'catch up' on life. Have a great day everyone!

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good morning all. Hope your all having a good Sunday. Grateful for coffee today. Up late and up early. Have one goat seeming to go down hill. Another one was dehydrated when I wormed everybody Thursday and is way too thin. They’re getting ivermectin and fenbendazole according to advice. At least the mites are gone. Garden is almost started. I’m working way slower than I would like, but at least we usually get a good growing season. We also had a frost on Wednesday and 80s yesterday, so maybe it’s good stuff isn’t outside. One the bright side I have baby chickens! Also have momma ducks sitting. My friend already wants some of whatever hatches, I’m happy about that. I love my ducks but I don’t want to keep any of these babies.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good morning all. Hope your all having a good Sunday. Grateful for coffee today. Up late and up early. Have one goat seeming to go down hill. Another one was dehydrated when I wormed everybody Thursday and is way too thin. They’re getting ivermectin and fenbendazole according to advice. At least the mites are gone. Garden is almost started. I’m working way slower than I would like, but at least we usually get a good growing season. We also had a frost on Wednesday and 80s yesterday, so maybe it’s good stuff isn’t outside. One the bright side I have baby chickens! Also have momma ducks sitting. My friend already wants some of whatever hatches, I’m happy about that. I love my ducks but I don’t want to keep any of these babies.
A homemade electrolyte solution is real simple to make. I’ve used it for over 35 years on both humans and animals for dehydration. It works.

Glass of water, 5 teaspoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir to dissolve.

For human use, sip slowly. It’s a big help for dehydration after puking or diarrhea.

For animals, syringe in the mouth, slowly to let them swallow. Adjust amount to size of animal. It can mean the difference between life and death. You can’t overdose on it, stick to amount animals normally drink. It’s ok to go a little over.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
A homemade electrolyte solution is real simple to make. I’ve used it for over 35 years on both humans and animals for dehydration. It works.

Glass of water, 5 teaspoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir to dissolve.

For human use, sip slowly. It’s a big help for dehydration after puking or diarrhea.

For animals, syringe in the mouth, slowly to let them swallow. Adjust amount to size of animal. It can mean the difference between life and death. You can’t overdose on it, stick to amount animals normally drink. It’s ok to go a little over.
Is sugar better than molasses?
I got a few bruises and she was...not happy. But she’s started drinking more by herself. I think she’s more scared than thirsty now; whatever the motivation she’s drinking.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Is sugar better than molasses?
I got a few bruises and she was...not happy. But she’s started drinking more by herself. I think she’s more scared than thirsty now; whatever the motivation she’s drinking.
Sugar is mostly for palatibilty. A little glucose helps get sodium into the bloodstream faster though.