Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sipping coffee looking at the gentle rain, listening to the sound of me not needing to water the garden plot today.
Nice!

Me - sipping coffee after getting a heat alert that we could have a heat index of up to 107 today. I need to gulp my coffee and get outside before it gets any worse. No rain in sight... I'm going to be dragging a sprinkler around to all the gardens today. Yard needs a drink also. I've mostly spot watered up to now. Unfortunately, it's time to get serious about this drought. I'm beginning to get the idea that we may not get real relief without some tropical help. ARGH!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Me-drank my coffee, got outside and put second coat of paint on gable end of house. Did some more touch up, inside now trying to find 10 rolls of sheep and goat wire at TSC to get the 5% discount which will bring the price down to $332.49. Saves $174.90. Store nearby has 8, manager trying to locate 2 more and get them to his store for me to pick up. SUPPOSED to close on farm June 20..........not holding my breath. BUT I am ready to get started, flatbed trailer has 600 T-posts 7' on it, NOT unloading HERE!! That's over 5,800 pounds, only want to handle them once. Guess I'll take the stock trailer to get these 10 rolls of wire. LOL

Getting impatient!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm gonna ask my TSC about the OK brand fence. I've never seen it there. They seem to stock the Red Brand...more profit? Even the Berkhart gets spec ordered.

Worked today, reset dry dog food section. How's moving 2000# of feed off and back onto shelving...so you could move the actual shelf heights sound...fun? :lol:no wonder these youngins quit! At least they weren't more than 35# each bag. After a few hrs of that...there was the diaper section to do. Those plastic bags are slippery. 😁. Only 3 more dog food stores this week. 👍. Free workouts, no gym fee.

So I'm waiting for the sun to drop a little more. Need to mulch the eggplants I put out. 😊. May need to water tomatoes and beans 🤔. By then it will be time to milk and feed. Topped out water troughs this morning. Should be ok there. Three bags of feed to unload from truck....the 50# ones. It's a normal day.

Oh, gasoline prices🤪🤪. Up 40 cent this week! :he:rant:somad

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The OK Brand wire is made in Oklahoma. Freight might push the price up for you. The Baerkert (SP?) is $100 higher than the OK Brand. The Red Top brand doesn't stretch very well, at least not in the horse wire. But if that is all you can get, then that is what you use.

Still drinking coffee, not dressed, but at bottom of cup. Going to do clean up in the back room we are tearing down. That will keep me busy while Chris puts up the soffit boards in the front.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
So, waiting for the wife's procedure to finish up. In the pre op space, at the wife's insistence, I started talking with the nurses about gardening and canning. The one nurse had a first time garden question and we ended up with the nurses looking at All American canner online by the end of the conversation.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Back burner project but I finally got the rust taken care of, painted with rattle can Rust-Oleum, screwed down 3/4" treated plywood deck, and got the tote mounted. I also cleaned the inside of the tote out with dish soap and water. Now I just need to plumb it for a garden hose and buffalo will be ready to pull around and water plants. I probably should spray some bleach water on the outside of the tote to clean it up some also.

Pretty happy with the progress on some free repurposed junk that was headed to the scrap yard.
IMG_20220607_112402994_HDR~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Back burner project but I finally got the rust taken care of, painted with rattle can Rust-Oleum, screwed down 3/4" treated plywood deck, and got the tote mounted. I also cleaned the inside of the tote out with dish soap and water. Now I just need to plumb it for a garden hose and buffalo will be ready to pull around and water plants. I probably should spray some bleach water on the outside of the tote to clean it up some also.

Pretty happy with the progress on some free repurposed junk that was headed to the scrap yard.
View attachment 19117

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
we just got two totes like this for watering at the land!