Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Morning all! Quiet morning here, youngest's class had a pool party yesterday so the oldest and I helped out and relaxed poolside. Today is my youngest friend bday party so another busy day and tomorrow is the first day of summer school (half days).

Hopefully will finish up the chicken run addition, will add a picture later. Plants have flowers and young fruit!

Another cup of coffee and some snuggles with the youngest.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good morning! I’m on my second cup of coffee. I’m wanting lasagna. I make my noodles with 3 cups of shredded zucchini, water squeezed out, a cup of shredded mozzarella and 6 eggs. Mix, spread on 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and bake at 350 10-ish minutes. I just took out a frozen bag of shredded zucchini I put up last year, so I guess I’m committed. LOL I also bought some small freezer containers yesterday so I’ll freeze some for future meals. I’m also wanting a pot of chicken and sausage gumbo. Just happen to have home grown smoked sausage and chicken in the freezer too…… With Chris here working on the outside of the house all week, he can help me eat it. I can freeze some of that too.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good morning! I’m on my second cup of coffee. I’m wanting lasagna. I make my noodles with 3 cups of shredded zucchini, water squeezed out, a cup of shredded mozzarella and 6 eggs. Mix, spread on 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and bake at 350 10-ish minutes.
That sounds delicious - but (sarcastic voice) thanks for putting something else on my "to do" list. I have got to try this! :drool

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Another quiet coffee morning. Was thinking about going to my cousin's daughter's graduation party, but the wife is having a heart cath procedure on Wednesday and the area hospitals are reinstating COVID protocols.
Looks like I will be staying put today

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope the heart cath brings good news. :fl
Me too! Word of experience, be prepared to stay. A heart cath for my husband in 2015 led to a 3 way bypass 2 days later. He checked in and stayed for the party.

Hopefully it won’t lead to this for your DW, but if it does, best to get the problem “fixed”.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That sounds delicious - but (sarcastic voice) thanks for putting something else on my "to do" list. I have got to try this! :drool

y'all do this to me all the time but it is a good thing perhaps that my todo list can only hold so many so things fall off the other end as fast as i add them on top. :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

I was in the mood for food yesterday. I made chicken and sausage gumbo and put most of it in the freezer. I made the zucchini noodles and lasagna, it’s in the refrigerator, I’ll cook it tomorrow. Having gumbo tonight.

(Sarcastic voice) you have GOT to try this! LOL

Noodles before cutting into strips

F36ACBD2-8C3F-4316-B5DF-480962A9C747.jpeg

Lasagna

DB08C367-FF8D-4047-A514-F071E563FC09.jpeg