Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had a little pep talk with the cattle. I told them gasoline prices are high, the highest they've ever been. And that they really should eat this entire pasture of of fresh grasses by the middle of summer. That way I won't have to bush hog it with the tractor. They acknowledged my little pep talk and proceeded to immediately go to work, moowing it down.

IMG_20220602_161519896_HDR~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love Aussies, they are such good dogs. Brilliant smart, they have to stay busy. My last one was more relaxed and laid back, no chasing a ball for her! All 3 of my granddaughters crawled to her, hanging tightly to her fur and used her to pull up and stand. After my Mom’s stroke, she became Mom’s self appointed companion and was a great comfort.

I wish y’all many years of love and laughter with Hermes!
Sounds like a perfect breed for you!

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I already inquired because of the deafness issue with blue merle. It's rare in dogs with only 1 copy. This was a tricolor to merle breeding so only 1 copy.

I teach hand signals and whistles as commands as well as spoken commands to my dogs. Pays off when a dog starts going deaf as well. My german shepherd is fairly deaf now but does ok with the whistles. She was using my aussie mix as a hearing assistant dog so we didn't notice until he died.
I wish I’d taught my dog more hand signals when she was younger. Now she’s about fifteen and we have to yell at the top of our lungs if she doesn’t happen to see I’ve fed her. The other dog has the opposite problem though, he’s about fourteen and completely blind; but he always obeyed better to hand signals then voice commands. They’re happy though so 🤷🏽‍♀️ Can’t complain.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had a little pep talk with the cattle. I told them gasoline prices are high, the highest they've ever been. And that they really should eat this entire pasture of of fresh grasses by the middle of summer. That way I won't have to bush hog it with the tractor. They acknowledged my little pep talk and proceeded to immediately go to work, moowing it down.

View attachment 19082

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
Bring them on by! I have more grass than my animals can eat.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wish I’d taught my dog more hand signals when she was younger. Now she’s about fifteen and we have to yell at the top of our lungs if she doesn’t happen to see I’ve fed her. The other dog has the opposite problem though, he’s about fourteen and completely blind; but he always obeyed better to hand signals then voice commands. They’re happy though so 🤷🏽‍♀️ Can’t complain.

My schipperke had went most deaf and blind. That's what inspired me to teach the GSD and aussie mix alternate commands.

They weren't quite a year old when she died. The GSD had taken it upon herself to follow the schip everywhere and keep her out of trouble. If I called, she'd come far enough to see me and bark for my attention, then go back to babysitting.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My schipperke had went most deaf and blind. That's what inspired me to teach the GSD and aussie mix alternate commands.

They weren't quite a year old when she died. The GSD had taken it upon herself to follow the schip everywhere and keep her out of trouble. If I called, she'd come far enough to see me and bark for my attention, then go back to babysitting.
That’s awesome!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Same morning here!!

Chores went great, milking is now a breeze -- this week,! Next week more to train.🤞 Removed backhoe from tractor, moved trailer so I could hook up to truck, loaded DD's mower and took to repair shop. Back and in for a light lunch before garden mulching. Then tiller onto tractor to hit some pasture areas. 😁. Beautiful weather! Lotsa fun.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well I'm lazily having coffee....congratulating self for getting so much done yesterday.👍. Especially proud of switching those implements out on the tractor. It's heavy work for an old lady! Spring needs get ya back in the swing of it. :lol: Planning a slower day today, maybe.

Think I'll mosey on out and smile at the sprouting green beans, then do milking. 😊. Life is good!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Same morning here!!

Chores went great, milking is now a breeze -- this week,! Next week more to train.🤞 Removed backhoe from tractor, moved trailer so I could hook up to truck, loaded DD's mower and took to repair shop. Back and in for a light lunch before garden mulching. Then tiller onto tractor to hit some pasture areas. 😁. Beautiful weather! Lotsa fun.

glad it has cooled off for you there! we're in a similar nicer period and i'm hoping i can get most of the hard stuff done the next few weeks while it is like this.

Latest posts