Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Haha! Your chickens like bread too!
You don't get in that hens way when there are treats. She's literally run over others and shoulder checks others out of the way. She's over 11 and does what she wants. If I let them out, I have to make sure the back door is closed or she marches in because she knows where the dog and cat bowls are.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Some of them become pets. This old girls last sister died at just under 10 years in her sleep on the roost. She was the head hen of the flock and enforced it. This one was her crony. There was a younger girl shadowing her who I thought would take over, but she kind of gave up. The cockerels I had last year really messed things up. They'd grab hens so the girls started staying in a tight knot around the rooster who'd teach them a lesson. After the cockerels tried a 6 on 1 coup attempt that failed horribly, I butchered them all. It ended with the rooster being fully in charge of the flock. It's the weirdest flock dynamic, but has made his job easier.

The silkies all have normal flocks with a head hen who rules and the rooster being outside and parallel pecking order if there are more than one.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Who would have thought that fruits, mainly apples and unsweetened apple sauce for (me) would be a satisfying replacement for sweets? Who? Almighty☝️ ofcourse \o/

I'm happy to say, I'm sweet free and my granddaughters (the sweet police) are happy happy happy with pawpaw now and I got the picture to prove it . :love
IMG_20220616_134019093.jpg

You know I used to be a cherry-pie-a-holic. My moto was "cherry pie, the breakfast of champions". I'm changing that... My new moto is "Apples, keep the sweet tooth at bay" ;)

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸