Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Mom's sitting here reading though some magazines and came across what she thought was a recipe with some noodles and vegetables and it said feed them without holding your nose so she thought that was a little odd, but she still thought it looked interesting so after a few moments she realized it was an advertizement for catfood. :) hahaha... :)

when i got up to take a break i checked it out, yes, it does look pretty good. :)

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mid 70s today...overcast...leaving to go blueberry picking in a few! :celebrate

Finishing my coffee. News says back to 90s tomorrow...once this front passes. πŸ€«πŸ™„. Oh well, it is summer! I'll enjoy the cool down and the rain it brought along.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Misty drizzle most all day. Still going on & we need it. Berries were maybe 15 miles out and not raining there, at the time, sure had been!! Wet bushes LOADED with berries, a lot not ripe, so we go back for more next week 😊

Got 11.5# today....freebies!! I did take them 1.5doz fresh eggs. πŸ‘πŸ˜Š. No garden, or animals there -- but at least a 50' row of 6' bushes!! Heavenly. πŸ˜‹. Now to process these. Frozen and some preserves...may do preserves with next batch. Time &energy?

raw(9).jpg

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Misty drizzle most all day. Still going on & we need it. Berries were maybe 15 miles out and not raining there, at the time, sure had been!! Wet bushes LOADED with berries, a lot not ripe, so we go back for more next week 😊

Got 11.5# today....freebies!! I did take them 1.5doz fresh eggs. πŸ‘πŸ˜Š. No garden, or animals there -- but at least a 50' row of 6' bushes!! Heavenly. πŸ˜‹. Now to process these. Frozen and some preserves...may do preserves with next batch. Time &energy?

View attachment 19487
Dehydrate!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Agree with @FarmerJamie ! Dehydrate!!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

View attachment 19487

wow! those look very nice. :) what a score!

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

View attachment 19487
I really like blueberries frozen.

But dried works too.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
So the landlords came over to check on the leak between the meter and the street (wanted them to be aware in case the village pushes back) and the fact the gutter guys did not do the job they were paid to do.

In a round about way, they offered to sell us the house in the next year. Wife is dead set against it. Work needs done unfortunately

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Blueberries...5 pkgs in freezer, couple pounds each, 2 qt ready for preserves. Milk heating for the cheese I was making, preserves planned for after. Bingo! Power out. 😲. 2 hrs later power back. Finished ricotta (3# worth!) and too late to do preserves. Saved for tomorrow.😊

Next picking I'll dehydrate some. For me, frozen works for pies, etc, really well. :drool :drool
Dehydrated I snack on 😁 as well as cook with.

ETA...finally ordered cultures for hard cheeses, wax, etc. I will make that this year!! πŸ˜‹

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So the landlords came over to check on the leak between the meter and the street (wanted them to be aware in case the village pushes back) and the fact the gutter guys did not do the job they were paid to do.

In a round about way, they offered to sell us the house in the next year. Wife is dead set against it. Work needs done unfortunately
She wants to buy something else somewhere else?