Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was reading about crocks several months ago, (don't know if it's true or not) but some say, some of the older brands contain lead, that "can" leach out into fermented foods. I didn't go any further with research, so that's all I know. But I still would really like to get a few, although I think I would opt for newer ones and a brand that manufacturer says does not contain lead.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
I got mine from https://www.lehmans.com/ 9 years ago

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got mine from https://www.lehmans.com/ 9 years ago

$151.00 not a bad price for a 10 gallon crock. I need to talk to Mrs Claus. I like fermenting. 10 gallons would hold at least 70lbs of cored cabbage for kraut.

There you go... Could be some truth to what I read.

Screenshot_20211029-193243~2.png

Jesus I Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’m glad to hear from you again. Hope the closing on your place goes well and y’all can skeedaddle on outa there and get on your way. I hope you won’t be so remote that you don’t have internet. You can always get satellite internet!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So... The new place up in Moosejaw, just a little north and east of Snowshoe? Rumor has is some body long ago found a Moosejaw while out snowshoeing and that's how the places got their name.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I haq

$151.00 not a bad price for a 10 gallon crock. I need to talk to Mrs Claus. I like fermenting. 10 gallons would hold at least 70lbs of cored cabbage for kraut.

There you go... Could be some truth to what I read.

View attachment 16874

Jesus I Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
I have a #3 and a #5 I use the #5 the most, its plenty

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I’m glad to hear from you again. Hope the closing on your place goes well and y’all can skeedaddle on outa there and get on your way. I hope you won’t be so remote that you don’t have internet. You can always get satellite internet!
We have Hughes Net now, Wa is unreal right now and even more so just this week