Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We went over to our sons this morning and split all of his firewood (with the log splitter) for him while he was at work. We started at 10 and finished all of it at 12:55,
It has been a one bar day for the cell, I tried for an hour to get this site to load but no go.
So, using the desktop,

Last edited:

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
oh, that's depressing. Your not wrong! Tomorrow (later today) our sunset is 6 p.m. Next time it will be that late is March 6th.
The only good thing is that our mornings are darker longer, helps keep the little one in bed, lol. But yes, super depressing, it one of the top 3 things I dislike about fall/winter

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nice! I'm sure he'll appreciate that.
No kidding, y’all are some bodacious parents.

He truly does appreciate it, working full time, all hands-on deck with 6 children youngest 8mo, goats, chickens
LIFE lolo
Its nice we now live close enough to be able to. We dont "get" to help too often but on this one he knows he cant get it all ax/maul split as easy as the log splitter will. DH has always split our wood by hand but at 73 it is getting rough on the rotator cuff. anyHoo, gotta make hay while the sun is shining, ☁️☁️ or at least not raining

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I woke up early but didn’t get up until I heard the 6 year old. outside with Sentry to pee,gave him his medicine, water. Got Pippa, silky terrier, took her outside to potty, Sentry too. Fed them both. Back outside to potty. Back inside. Sentry went to door, wanted out again. Left Pippa inside. Sentry went to pasture gate, we went in. He clearly wanted to go on patrol, I didn’t. But he did find a place to poop, so YAY! for that. I put Sentry in sheep lot with Sheba. She wanted to play and maul him, he was not impressed and gave me that pleading look. I took him out. Back in the house. I put him in the dog crate. Chris was coming up the driveway, so I let Carson out to play with Chris. Chris is gone, Carson is back in front yard, Sentry in crate, Pippa is somewhere in here, both little girls are watching cartoons and I FINALLY got to sit down with my first cup of coffee.

1408 steps. .63 of a mile BEFORE COFFEE!

Yesterday’s total came to 3.2 miles.

I want my second cup of coffee but that means I’ll have to get up and go get it…..